Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I own a 2012 500C and the trunk lid won't open. Repaired the two broken wires within the harness that comes out the lid to interior of car. I thought that would of fixed it. I've checked the key fob, lid switch, and activation solenoid within the lid and fuses. Now, to open the trunk lid i have to pull the emergency handle attached to a cable. Has anyone come across this problem before ? I'm thinking maybe the convertible top deactivation switch is stuck in the open position when the top is fully up. How would one access that switch. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Pete

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

I own a 2012 500C and the trunk lid won't open. Repaired the two broken wires within the harness that comes out the lid to interior of car. I thought that would of fixed it. I've checked the key fob, lid switch, and activation solenoid within the lid and fuses. Now, to open the trunk lid i have to pull the emergency handle attached to a cable. Has anyone come across this problem before ? I'm thinking maybe the convertible top deactivation switch is stuck in the open position when the top is fully up. How would one access that switch. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Pete
My daughter has 2015 C and trunk lid wont open either. I have corrected the frayed wires and it still will not open. I have replaced the exterior trunk handle and still not working. I have the trunk actuator and that still wont fix it. Does anyone have a solution.

Donald

1 - 2 of 2 Posts