Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To whom it may concern,
I have been trying to find out what is wrong with the trunk of my Fiat as it does not open anymore. I called Fiat and they said the existing recall on this issue does not apply to my car because it was not manufactured during some specific months in 2012.
I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me what the problem is and how to fix it.
I plan on going to a Fiat dealership (which is not convenient for me) soon for another recall on my car. It would be very nice if I am able to fix both problems at that time.

Thank you,
Nicole

·
Registered
29 Posts
It is possible that the wiring has broken and the lock solenoid or switch is no longer receiving power. They route the wires through the top of the hatch back to the main chassis of the car. I’ve seen posts in this forum about that wiring having issues on earlier 500’s. Maybe one of the others in here will chime in.

As to opening the hatch back with this condition, there should be some sort of manual way to open it by removing something. But I would need to google that.

Sorry I couldn’t be of any better help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.