Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
didnt read the whole thing but this part randomly caught my eye:

Also unworthy of the car: the dumb-assed instrument panel, which has concentric ring gauges for revs and road speed. Ray LaHood would burst his aorta watching the dull red needles move on a dark blah background. It’s almost unreadable and it’s a worse distraction from the road than playing Angry Birds for cash while driving. In recognition of this, the SRT guys threw a shift light in the Abarth. On cloudy days, or at night, and if the driver is positioned just so, the shift light is somewhat visible.
this guy is a real idiot if he has trouble reading the gauge cluster in the fiat.

·
Registered
181 Posts
since i had one in my driveway and got to drive it about six months back (when it had almost 200 hp), i took the time to write my own review.

review: this car if fucking awesome!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Some of the comments (and commenters) are really immature and sound stupid.
I meant: some of the commenters of the article sound really stupid...it's a chick car, it's NOT a chick car, You're a chick wannabe, You're a metro, chicks are all about Hello Kitty Pink (bet they didn't meet LocoGirlP)...Ugh.

·
Registered
588 Posts
didnt read the whole thing but this part randomly caught my eye:

this guy is a real idiot if he has trouble reading the gauge cluster in the fiat.
I don't understand why so many reviewers of this car complain about the cluster and how difficult it is to read. I love the cluster.

I guess to each her own.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I don't understand why so many reviewers of this car complain about the cluster and how difficult it is to read. I love the cluster.

I guess to each her own.
if anything, this cluster is one of the easiest to read.
whenever i get into a different car it always takes some getting used to the cluster because its all spread out.
in the fiat i found that it was incredibly easy because everything is neatly organized inside one circle.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I think the cluster is more difficult to read than it needs to be unless you're really used to it. There's more info concentrated in one spot than there needs to be, which means that you have to look at it a bit longer to sort out the info that you need. This is bad if you're driving.

Analog clocks in cars have the same problem. You have to take a longer look so that your brain can process the information.

·
Registered
376 Posts
since i had one in my driveway and got to drive it about six months back (when it had almost 200 hp), i took the time to write my own review.

review: this car if fucking awesome!
What is the big red e-stop button on the dash for????? I can hear myself talking to my passenger."Oh my GOD you didn't push the RED BUTTON did you"????
My dealer says"If you think the Abarth will fall into the hands of terrorists push the red button".
"This Abarth will self destruct in 5 seconds". 5-4-3-2-1-0 Kablam....

·
Registered
376 Posts
I meant: some of the commenters of the article sound really stupid...it's a chick car, it's NOT a chick car, You're a chick wannabe, You're a metro, chicks are all about Hello Kitty Pink (bet they didn't meet LocoGirlP)...Ugh.
+1 on that. Some comments are obviously stupid or ill informed. A sold out mini guy for instance will always find something to complain about with the Fiat. So will the big HP guys in their muscle cars. You pretty much always have to read between the lines with reviews.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I think the cluster is more difficult to read than it needs to be unless you're really used to it. There's more info concentrated in one spot than there needs to be, which means that you have to look at it a bit longer to sort out the info that you need. This is bad if you're driving.

Analog clocks in cars have the same problem. You have to take a longer look so that your brain can process the information.
That is so funny, Proximal. I must be old because I find digital clocks more difficult to process than analog. I am probably in the minority with this, but with analog clocks I actually get a "feeling" about the time and how much time I have until meeting someone, whereas seeing 2:18 on a digital readout leaves me (1) slightly unsure of what 2:18 means (I know, it doesn't make any sense, 2:18 is 2:18) and (2) where I am in relation to meeting somebody at say, 2:45. Anyways, for this reason, I have the MPH readout turned off on the cluster as I don't like seeing MPH that way (another reason why I dislike the Prius). I like seeing the little red needle on the speedometer of the Fiat.

·
Registered
188 Posts
What is the big red e-stop button on the dash for????? I can hear myself talking to my passenger."Oh my GOD you didn't push the RED BUTTON did you"????
My dealer says"If you think the Abarth will fall into the hands of terrorists push the red button".
"This Abarth will self destruct in 5 seconds". 5-4-3-2-1-0 Kablam....
Ejector seat button?!? lol!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts