Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I would like to buy a Fiat 500, but the engine isn't powerful enough for my tastes. Does anyone offer a turbo system/upgrade to bring the little car up to 350 horsepower?

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Where are you from again?

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Hello,

I would like to buy a Fiat 500, but the engine isn't powerful enough for my tastes. Does anyone offer a turbo system/upgrade to bring the little car up to 350 horsepower?

Turbo and assorted plumbing/engine management is too expensive.

250hp shot of Nitrous is what you should be looking at. I'd do a 2 stage kit with a throttle switch with a lock out on the second stage til 3rd.
That way you don't mess up your transmission.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
or do you want 350 whp?

Go with a 300hp shot in that case.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Hello,

Are you sure you're looking at the right car for your needs?

Have you considered looking into the Abarth model which comes turbocharged from the factory?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think even the best tuner shops out there have only been able to push an absolute max of 300HP, and only with tremendous modifications.

·
Registered
207 Posts
cant tell if troll, or if serious...

IF you're tremendously good at fab work, have knowledge of FI, you can turbo your 500 for about $2,300 but if you paid a performance shop to fab all of that up, create feed and return lines, tune the factory FIRE ecu or eve wire on a piggyback, buy a decent turbo, all that plumbing, tons of custom fab work on a turbo header and downpipe all to push maybe, what? 6PSI before the stock 1.4n/a HG goes, you're deep into 7-8K. whats the point?

you want straight line speed, buy an abarth and tune it, or better yet get a 15 year old camaro and dry shot to your hearts content.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hello,

I want 500HP myself,along with murder lights and death bolts.:rolleyes:
I also want an espresso machine that runs off the Abarth turbo.

Reactions: GotFiat

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
here trolly trolly, now go back to your home under the bridge down by the river.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i don't know why I need to be disrespected by being referred to as a troll. I own two performance cars and I love the design of the 500. I just want a unique performance vehicle to add to my collection. It's as simple as that. I only asked because Honda Civics, etc. are turboed for that kind of power, and I wanted to know if it was being done with the Fiat.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Honda's engine design has been out for a long time. This car has been out for about a year with a not-so-common valve train.

It's also much lower volume than the civics of yesteryear. Short answer...no one has a 350hp fiat 500 yet. No one has a 200hp fiat 500 yet. ****, people who have ordered 160hp fiat's don't have em yet!

Reactions: GotFiat

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
i don't know why I need to be disrespected by being referred to as a troll. I own two performance cars and I love the design of the 500. I just want a unique performance vehicle to add to my collection. It's as simple as that. I only asked because Honda Civics, etc. are turboed for that kind of power, and I wanted to know if it was being done with the Fiat.
Why? You join a forum with no introduction to who you are. You asked a question that seems a little strange because either you know nothing about this car or you're not efficient enough to do some research on the car via YouTube, Google, etc. Let me ask you something. What is your goal in the end? Drivability, boasting numbers? What is the reason that you need to reach these magical numbers? A 200hp Abarth isn't sufficient? What are YOUR goals and introduce yourself so you don't look like you're trolling.

·
Registered
777 Posts
In trasmundis defense, it is not too unusual to get a small car and put out 200+ quite easily
civics, neons, Lancers, etc.
Of course he should have checked instead of using his first post to ask a question like that.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hello,

Put in 2 Arbath engines

1 - 20 of 107 Posts