Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the new Abarth turbo 1.4 engine has a direct injection system or is it a port type injection system. I have not found much detailed information on either the current 500 or the upcoming Abarth Turbo fuel delivery systems. Anyone out there have any data? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Does anyone know if the new Abarth turbo 1.4 engine has a direct injection system or is it a port type injection system. I have not found much detailed information on either the current 500 or the upcoming Abarth Turbo fuel delivery systems. Anyone out there have any data? Thanks in advance

Availability Standard — Fiat 500 Pop, Sport and Lounge Type and Description Inline four-cylinder, liquid-cooled Displacement 83.48 cu. in. (1368 cu. cm) Bore x Stroke 2.83 x 3.31 in. (72.0 x 84.0 mm) Valve System Belt-driven, MultiAir®, SOHC,16 valves, hydraulic end-pivot roller rockers Fuel Injection Sequential, multi-port, electronic, returnless Construction Cast iron block with aluminum-alloy heads and aluminum-alloy bedplate Compression Ratio 10.8:1 Power (SAE net) 101 bhp (75 kW) @ 6,500 rpm (73.8 bhp/L) Torque (SAE net) 98 lb.-ft. (133 N•m) @ 4,000 rpm

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lorvar: Thanks for the info on the current 1.4L Multi air engine, based on the information you provided it is clearly a port type fuel injection system. Do you know if the 1.4L Turbo engine slated for the Abarth will have the same system or a system that injects the fuel directly into the combustion chamber like the current MINI Cooper S, Ford EcoBoost Engines, Mazda 2.3L Turbo, etc.?

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
lorvar: Thanks for the info on the current 1.4L Multi air engine, based on the information you provided it is clearly a port type fuel injection system. Do you know if the 1.4L Turbo engine slated for the Abarth will have the same system or a system that injects the fuel directly into the combustion chamber like the current MINI Cooper S, Ford EcoBoost Engines, Mazda 2.3L Turbo, etc.?
Im not sure, will be announced this week.

·
Registered
90 Posts
so is not a direct injection system
Fiat's 1.4L is a direct injection engine.

Direct injection fuel delivery systems are FAR more efficient than other typical injection systems.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Fiat's 1.4L is a direct injection engine.

Direct injection fuel delivery systems are FAR more efficient than other typical injection systems.
I'll agree that direct injection is much more efficient, however, the 1.4 liter Multi-Air is NOT a direct injection engine.:)

·
Registered
166 Posts
+1!

Having had a MkVI GTI, I guess you've heard all about that!
Yes lots of people interested to see how they newer TFSI's will hold up, the RS4s 4.2 V8 has been very very bad for buildup, curious if my Dad's R8 will have some issues at some point too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
No the abarth or any of the 1.4l engine is direct inject. As there are suddle differences in the difference of the engine. The main differences in the n/a engines and the turbo are the pistons, intake and several little components that are different in design but perform the same function. I have built thousands of these engines and trust me you could take a n/a engine and transform it into a turbo quite easily. Just depends on what u wanna spend

Sent from my VS910 4G using AutoGuide.Com Free

1 - 16 of 16 Posts