Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang, TyrolSport has just introduced our proven brake caliper bushing system for use in the Fiat 500!

We have been using these on ATE style brake calipers for years on VW, Audi, and Mini with excellent results, and are happy to announce that they are now available for the Fiat 500!

Adding TyrolSport bushings will increase brake pedal feel, add initial response, and promote even brake pad wear. The end results include consistent braking performance and increased braking confidence. See our test results here.

A must for those who seek maximum performance from their stock brake calipers, the TyrolSport upgraded caliper bushings will add rigidity to the stock braking system.

All TyrolSport products are developed, prototyped, and manufactured in the USA. These are in production and will be arriving within one week!

This kit will retail at $89.00. This group buy is limited to the first 15 people that leave a deposit. We will be offering an introductory group buy price of $79.00 for the first 15 kits only! This offer will end on Friday, 11/25/2011 or after 15 kits have been reserved!

Be sure to get on the list for the first production run! You can sign up by leaving a deposit here.

For questions or comments, feel free to shoot us a PM, email at [email protected], or call the shop at (917)626-3368

Recommendation from golfmkv.com

Reviews from NorthAmericanMotoring.com

Recommendation from VWvortex.com

Lets get the list started! Forum members that have signed up:

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Do these require maintenance of any kind? How do they stand up in the harsh winter with salt and sand?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We recommend re-lubing every brake service/fluid service in all environments including motorsport and use in the salt-belt states.

Our initial prototypes included dry carbon bands integrated into the bushings, as a self-lubing system (similar to what you would use in a dead-bolt lock). We found that the included brake caliper grease worked better, as the dry-lubed bushings would sieze onto the pins over time.

These have been installed on my Mini for over 100K without re-greasing as a torture test. They still work great after five winters in the northeast. On top of that, they have seen use of track-only brake pads (Hawk Blue compound) which produce a very corrosive dust. We've beat them up as much as possible and the only weak points were the snap rings, so we upgraded to stainless steel as standard on all kits.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Ok, thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bushing kits are now in-stock and look great! These will ship out at the end of the group buy. Just over two weeks remain on our offer. Get in on one of the best brake mods out for the Fiat 500!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks again for making our introductory group buy a success. Please don't hesitate to send us a PM if there are any questions :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm lucky and live in the area.

One of my shops is only a few blocks away from TyrolSport.
I went in this morning and got the bushings installed in under an hour.

Car suddenly feels a bit less wimpy under braking. Definitely noticeable.

Great guys, great product!

Aside from the small stuff I do on my own, only TyrolSport will touch my Fiat 500 now.
If you haven't bought these bushings yet...do it.

Larry -

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I'm lucky and live in the area.

One of my shops is only a few blocks away from TyrolSport.
I went in this morning and got the bushings installed in under an hour.

Car suddenly feels a bit less wimpy under braking. Definitely noticeable.

Great guys, great product!

Aside from the small stuff I do on my own, only TyrolSport will touch my Fiat 500 now.
If you haven't bought these bushings yet...do it.

Larry -
The only thing I worry about is maintenance on these items.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I have a similar setup on my E46 M3. I lube them with a moly based wheel bearing grease every time I have the brake calipers off. However, that is several times per year as I switch from street pads to track pads and back.

The car is not driven a lot in the winter.

If I put these on the Abarth, I would service them each time I switch from summer to winter wheel/tire setups and back. You would not need to remove the caliper, just pull one pin, wipe clean, relube, put back in, repeat.

·
Registered
86 Posts
If you have aftermarket brake lines, will the solid bushing still work? I have a set of Abrath front brakes and rotors coming in with aftermarket lines. It should be the same caliper as my sport only with a larger rotor.

·
Registered
100 Posts
the Abarth I saw the other day did not have brake bushings to use the tyrolsport bushing in. I suggest you get your calibers in and see before getting a set and finding out they won't fit.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
These are only used on single piston, sliding caliper brakes.

Multi piston brake caliper do not move, and have no need for these.

But yes, they work fine with aftermarket SS lines. SS lines are the second mod I make to brakes. Pads are the first. Although, I normally change to alower dust pad and put on SS lines at the same time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts