Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my prima in for the 8k service to Fiat southbay in LA about 2k miles ago when I brought it in the light hadn't come on but the oil was low. They told me to keep an eye on it which I wasn't really used to with my 04' GTI. SO I inspected in after driving it another 1.5K miles. The oil was barely on the dip stick. I took it in and they said it had a leak and have had the car for 2 days because they don't have parts. They say its a gasket and have to take the manifold off to get to it but dont have any of the parts....

Frustrated they finally gave me a rental and paid for it. can't wait to pick up my unwashed unvacuumed car.

·
Registered
13,619 Posts
Sorry about your issue. Hope you get your car back soon. One of the two studios here in town give out free loaners.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Had my prima in for the 8k service to Fiat southbay in LA about 2k miles ago when I brought it in the light hadn't come on but the oil was low. They told me to keep an eye on it which I wasn't really used to with my 04' GTI. SO I inspected in after driving it another 1.5K miles. The oil was barely on the dip stick. I took it in and they said it had a leak and have had the car for 2 days because they don't have parts. They say its a gasket and have to take the manifold off to get to it but dont have any of the parts....

Frustrated they finally gave me a rental and paid for it. can't wait to pick up my unwashed unvacuumed car.
If you have the 36k free maintenance 4yr road side assistance, which was discontinued this year, you are to be given a free rental or reimbursed for a rental if you are stuck having to get one yourself. This is within the sales agreement and ALL studios HAVE to accept it. If they do not bring it to corporate and they will deal with the studio. Keep all receipts.

Note if they do not have a "loaner" on the lot they are to go out and rent one for you from Enterprise or another car rental company. They have to provide it...

·
Registered
1,780 Posts

·
Registered
1,780 Posts

·
Registered
2,002 Posts

halbatross: If the studio hasn't received the gasket yet, I may be able to help expedite if for you, but if they only gave u a rental for 2 days,I don't think they expect it to take along time. If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know. Send me a PM.

·
Registered
13,619 Posts
Check the oil in my 500 last night. Been about 2,500 miles since the 1st oil change. Dip stick shows full. Oil looks really clean.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
halbatross: If the studio hasn't received the gasket yet, I may be able to help expedite if for you, but if they only gave u a rental for 2 days,I don't think they expect it to take along time. If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know. Send me a PM.

This is going on day 6 of them having the car. I'm truly angered by Power Fiat South Bay. I had some initial frustrations when i bought the car there in May. I chalked that up to the dealer just starting out and the brand being rereleased. This is 6 months later. I have to hound them about everything. I assume they would never repair my car if didn't call. everyone I talk to at the dealer pulls the same card on me..."I work at power nissan next door." ...which feels like they are just moonlighting as a dealership and can comfort me by telling me they basically don't have anything to do with the car.

Sorry to rant it's just something I've never had to deal with at BMW, VW or Audi in the past. I'm told today the car SHOULD be ready tomorrow and the Nissan tech incharge will come in early. In the mean time I'll continue to enjoy driving my late model Chevy Cobalt enterprise rental.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
This is going on day 6 of them having the car. I'm truly angered by Power Fiat South Bay. I had some initial frustrations when i bought the car there in May. I chalked that up to the dealer just starting out and the brand being rereleased. This is 6 months later. I have to hound them about everything. I assume they would never repair my car if didn't call. everyone I talk to at the dealer pulls the same card on me..."I work at power nissan next door." ...which feels like they are just moonlighting as a dealership and can comfort me by telling me they basically don't have anything to do with the car.

Sorry to rant it's just something I've never had to deal with at BMW, VW or Audi in the past. I'm told today the car SHOULD be ready tomorrow and the Nissan tech incharge will come in early. In the mean time I'll continue to enjoy driving my late model Chevy Cobalt enterprise rental.
halbatross: Im sorry to hear of this.. if its not resolved by tomorrow, shoot me a PM and I will handle it. I will be calling them today to make sure they are on schedule to repair the vehicle for then.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
halbatross: Im sorry to hear of this.. if its not resolved by tomorrow, shoot me a PM and I will handle it. I will be calling them today to make sure they are on schedule to repair the vehicle for then.
Send me a PM with your VIN and name. Thanks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts