Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our new Pop had the optional alloys installed when we were purchasing the car. Now, I actually like the looks of the steels and hubcaps. More retro to me I guess. So we asked if the originals could be placed back on the car and $500 credited back on the purchase price. Both the sales lady and finance manager said it would be no problem but the finance manager added that I would have to pay the 1/2 hour labor. Fine. I'm OK with that. Fast forward 12 days and we find out that they got our name wrong on the loan and while I'm looking at the papers I notice that the $500 was never credited back. I called them tonight, explained it to them and was told that there was nothing in writing that I would get a credit and that neither of them remember a word about any credit. He even denied quoting me a 1/2 hour labor! (which I don't think I was charged for)

So, I've got steels and hubcaps, they've got my $500 for the alloys AND they have the alloys. I've been ripped off by the FIAT Studio. Nice, eh? I've contacted FIAT NA and tomorrow morning I'll be at their mothership's service dept. where they WILL put my freakin' alloys back on.

If anyone could explain how a person could request a $500 option be removed from a new car, have it removed and not expect the $500 back, I'm open to hearing it.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Wow. Just wow. Can't wait to hear the outcome. Hope it all goes well. They don't call them stealerships for nothing!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Sucks. :( This is because some people are morons.

·
Registered
13,454 Posts
You should have gotten something in writing.
I go over to the studio, and get my 5 bills back,
and half hour labor cost. Or tell them to give alloy wheels back.

·
Registered
765 Posts
well if theres NOTHING in writing then what seems to have happened to me is that your dealer has stolen your premium wheels when you left if there for an unrelated service issue...they want to play stupid...you show them stupid.

Reactions: JohnR

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, that was interesting.
After being told that the site that does FIAT service and shares the same name as the one on the back of my car has nothing to do with FIAT, I enlisted the help of FIAT NA. They finally agreed to give me back the alloys I had paid for but that's just the beginning. They chipped one of the wheels removing the cap. I insisted they get another one. By this time, one of the top guys from the Studio is there and has already made the point that I had nothing in writing, (essentially telling me their word is no good) telling me the car came with the wheels (despite it being listed as a $500 option on the window sticker) asking me what I would have done about this if they hadn't screwed up the paper work and I caught them...wouldn't I be happy with the deal? (WTH!?!) and finally accused me of calling him a liar then admitting that I hadn't used those words. At this point, I called the conversation over and told him that any further discussion wouldn't be one on one. Then he has the sack to tell me that I need to pick out a wheel that isn't damaged and remove the caps myself before they would change them! No, it didn't happen. Long story short, they forced me into wheels I didn't want by not crediting me back the money with the swap, I paid $500 more for the car than I intended and was promised and they are going to have bad PR for as long as I own this car. As you all know LOTS of people ask about it and my answers will always be with a caveat.

Good news is that I really do love the car and that Lindsay at FIAT NA is truly awesome.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well if theres NOTHING in writing then what seems to have happened to me is that your dealer has stolen your premium wheels when you left if there for an unrelated service issue...they want to play stupid...you show them stupid.

That would have been the funniest thing ever to call them up and tell them I was on my to meet with the police. Beauty is, I have pictures of the car before the original swap to "prove" it. And zero paperwork was done to aid in their defense. Man, you made me laugh hard with that.

·
Registered
341 Posts
So, can you translate that a bit more?

Did you get your alloy wheels or not?

You have to simply point out the fact that your invoice says you bought alloy wheels, and you paid for alloy wheels, and the car you have does not have them at all, hence the car you bought is not the car you have in your possession.

To make that even simpler, they have nothing in writing that they could take the alloy wheels off of your car, and give you the steel wheels instead.

That sword goes both ways, you need to remind them.

BC.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So, can you translate that a bit more?

Did you get your alloy wheels or not?
Sorry if the story rambled a bit. Ultimately, yes, I got the alloys. So I did get what I paid for. But...

I originally had alloys and they were supposed to swap them for the steels then credit me $500 on the purchase price. They swapped the wheels, kept the money and denied ever saying they would give me a credit for the alloys. Basically, they figured it was an early Christmas and that I was just so happy I was giving them an extra $500. Yes, I have the alloys but the tradeoff is that I spent an extra $500 for wheels I don't even want.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Sorry if the story rambled a bit. Ultimately, yes, I got the alloys. So I did get what I paid for. But...

I originally had alloys and they were supposed to swap them for the steels then credit me $500 on the purchase price. They swapped the wheels, kept the money and denied ever saying they would give me a credit for the alloys. Basically, they figured it was an early Christmas and that I was just so happy I was giving them an extra $500. Yes, I have the alloys but the tradeoff is that I spent an extra $500 for wheels I don't even want.
Make the best of the situation now - either sell the wheels to a new happy owner, or keep them for yourself and make a winter set out of them. :) I'm glad it worked out for you and you at least have something to show for the money you paid. Even if they don't sell - you'll at least be able to use the tires when you wear out your first set! :D

·
Registered
825 Posts
You had a problem with your extended warranty contract earlier, right? Something tells me they're intentionally playing a bit dumb to make things difficult for you this time around.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You had a problem with your extended warranty contract earlier, right? Something tells me they're intentionally playing a bit dumb to make things difficult for you this time around.
You must be thinking of someone else. I didn't go with the extended warranty.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts