Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2012 Fiat 500 Sport Prima Edizione owner here,

I've been working on the stereo wiring, trying to understand the connections to properly install a aftermarket head unit (Joying). I am dealing with two issues at the moment:

1) No audio from the installed unit: I suspect it's because my Bose amp is not being triggered on 12V to power on. Not sure which connection would do this.
2) Unit does not power off when the car is off: Could be related to above. The joying unit as a ACC wire which is supposed to be separate from the battery power.

I made this diagram to help:

Screen Shot 2018-12-10 at 2.23.59 PM.png

Here are the inputs/outputs from Joying:

Screen Shot 2018-12-10 at 1.55.32 PM.png

Any insight into which connections I need to make?
Would I have to resort to a full Canbus adapter (Connects2 CTSFA004.2)?

The problem I hear is that the Connects2 doesn't support North American steering wheel function. I really only need the two issues mentioned to be solved, steering wheel functionality isn't a high priority.

I am also looking at this device: https://www.crutchfield.ca/p_1206515NAV/Axxess-XSVI-6515-NAV-Wiring-Interface.html

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: I decided to go with a Connects2 CTSFA004.2 after getting advice that the remote for the Bose amp is part of the Canbus connections. My concern is that my Fiat is North American and might not work correctly with this device, but here's hoping!

CTSFA004.2.jpg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts