Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my first service at just over 8,000. Since I'd posted previously about the clock losing time I thought I'd give an update. I asked them to reflash the software and it worked great. I've had the car back about a week and a half and the clock still has not lost any time. Previously the clock was losing a minute every couple days.

The service went without a hitch. Oil change, clock re-flash, door hinge adjust (seems the door hinge losening-up was a common problem and the dealer had a notice on it). The dealer found a piece of moulding (under the driver door) that was starting to come off. I had not noticed it previously. He ordered a new piece and said I should get a call when it comes in.

So..heading towards 9k miles now and the car is doing well. Seems to be driving better as I get miles on it.
:cool:

Bob

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Good to know. My clock is slow too. I'd be curious if any 500 clocks keep good time.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Mine does. I drive slightly against the rotation of the earth though. It works on the superman principle. Only on a much smaller scale.

·
Registered
401 Posts
this is good news, I was hoping there would be a software fix for the slow clock. I really did not want to have my dash replaced. Still waiting on the first oil change to take it in. I will mention the clock and the lug wrench when I am there.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Good to know your car is coming along. My clock is also slow, but I figured I'd just buy a wrist watch for time, and somehow I ended up buying a Rolex at nearly 2/3 the price of the Pop. Now I can tell the time when I'm stuck in 18 miles of traffic.

But I'm glad to hear that a re-flash resolves the clock issue -- I'll look into this. Does anyone want to buy a used Rolex? (I'll throw in a bag of Skittles.)

·
Registered
794 Posts
I had a clock that was losing time. The studio ordered a new cluster (though I don't know what exactly that includes) and replaced it. It was done in about an hour (no new dash required) and it is fine. No damage, no drama.

Yes, it is a known issue. No, it is not a big deal. No, you can't get a Pop/ Lounge white-speedo cluster instead (I tried). Other threads on this exciting topic.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
My clock was slow, even with the software update. The dealer replaced the whole instrument cluster. It's been a few weeks or so since I had the swap and the time is still bang on. Sweet thing was, the old cluster had a long scratch on the clear plastic. No more scratch. :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've had mine for about 2.5 weeks now and in that time the clock has gained 2 minutes. Or my cell network has lost two minutes. Not sure which one.

Powerband: I know for a fact my other half is going to ask this question. What model of Rolex did you buy?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.