Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my first service at just over 8,000. Since I'd posted previously about the clock losing time I thought I'd give an update. I asked them to reflash the software and it worked great. I've had the car back about a week and a half and the clock still has not lost any time. Previously the clock was losing a minute every couple days.

The service went without a hitch. Oil change, clock re-flash, door hinge adjust (seems the door hinge losening-up was a common problem and the dealer had a notice on it). The dealer found a piece of moulding (under the driver door) that was starting to come off. I had not noticed it previously. He ordered a new piece and said I should get a call when it comes in.

So..heading towards 9k miles now and the car is doing well. Seems to be driving better as I get miles on it.
:cool:

Bob

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Good to know. My clock is slow too. I'd be curious if any 500 clocks keep good time.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Mine does. I drive slightly against the rotation of the earth though. It works on the superman principle. Only on a much smaller scale.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Good to know. My clock is slow too. I'd be curious if any 500 clocks keep good time.
I've had no problem with mine, but I've got an October 2011 build date to maybe it came with the update.

·
Registered
401 Posts
this is good news, I was hoping there would be a software fix for the slow clock. I really did not want to have my dash replaced. Still waiting on the first oil change to take it in. I will mention the clock and the lug wrench when I am there.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Good to know your car is coming along. My clock is also slow, but I figured I'd just buy a wrist watch for time, and somehow I ended up buying a Rolex at nearly 2/3 the price of the Pop. Now I can tell the time when I'm stuck in 18 miles of traffic.

But I'm glad to hear that a re-flash resolves the clock issue -- I'll look into this. Does anyone want to buy a used Rolex? (I'll throw in a bag of Skittles.)

·
Registered
856 Posts
loan officer here, did someone said financing?
I have some great rate for everyone:D

·
Banned
5,539 Posts
how about 7500.00 and if they had to pull my dash to fix the clock well the clock will always be slow then.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I had a clock that was losing time. The studio ordered a new cluster (though I don't know what exactly that includes) and replaced it. It was done in about an hour (no new dash required) and it is fine. No damage, no drama.

Yes, it is a known issue. No, it is not a big deal. No, you can't get a Pop/ Lounge white-speedo cluster instead (I tried). Other threads on this exciting topic.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Well, after 4 days of tracking the clock in the super slug, the time is good. Is this isolated to a bad batch, or can I expect a time warp eventually?

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
My clock was slow, even with the software update. The dealer replaced the whole instrument cluster. It's been a few weeks or so since I had the swap and the time is still bang on. Sweet thing was, the old cluster had a long scratch on the clear plastic. No more scratch. :D

·
Registered
105 Posts
Those of a certain age will recall the analog clocks in cars and how we never paid any attention to them. They were always off and then they died :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've had mine for about 2.5 weeks now and in that time the clock has gained 2 minutes. Or my cell network has lost two minutes. Not sure which one.

Powerband: I know for a fact my other half is going to ask this question. What model of Rolex did you buy?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.