Fiat 500 Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
My fear is that a 170-180hp US Spec Abarth seems like it might be closer to a 158hp European Abarth Esseesse which looks like it may cost on the order of $35K (Australian) or ($36K+ USD) or so.

http://news.drive.com.au/drive/motor-news/first-drive-fiats-hottest-500-20110309-1bnda.html

Regards

Pat

The USA is not Australia and cars don't have VAT to drive the prices through the roof. If FIAT was to price the Abarth at 35k, they wouldn't sell more than a couple dozen....maybe....certainly not to me!

Since a manual transmission has been confirmed for the NA version, the Abarth will not start for more than a MINI S. I would not be surprised that it starts for much less..... say around 21.5 -22k depending on standard spec.

The price in OZ will be absurd I'm afraid, not here so much. Oh, our Abarth will have equivalent HP to the Euro esseesse (probably) w/o the additional markup, so NA Abarth FTW.

cheers

·
Registered
13,326 Posts
Would love to purchase a hooded leather speedo cover, like on the Abarth. Wish they make the door panels more up scale.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts