Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FiatUSA sent me a cute USB drive the other day for my Pop. They said "plug it in to use Ecodrive feature" but a USB doesn't fit in the glove box -- it has a round hole like those for earphones. Should I have a USB port there? Thanks.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Like me, you have an earlier model Fiat. In the early days of production you had to pay extra for Blue&Me, but now it comes standard on all models.

Look on the bright side - it makes a really cute key dongle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
finally got through on 888-CIAO-FIAT and was told that they created a lot of confusion when they sent everyone a USB drive since cars without Blue&Me don't have the USB port.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Funny, because I have an early Pop, no B&Me, yet I did get a (non-functional) USB port in the glove box. I'm special!

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
I also have a Pop with a dead USB port. They even went to the trouble of electrifying all around it when the dash lights are on! I wonder where the emissions test port is on these cars?

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
I also have a Pop with a dead USB port. They even went to the trouble of electrifying all around it when the dash lights are on! I wonder where the emissions test port is on these cars?

OBDII connection is on the driver side above the hood release latch, it has a black cap covering it that read Do Not Remove or something along those lines.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hi

OBDII connection is on the driver side above the hood release latch, it has a black cap covering it that read Do Not Remove or something along those lines.
I was called by my Studio to take my car in last week for a re-flash, and while there they permanently removed the cover from the ODB-II port for some reason. On another post somewhere I was told that it had to do with making the car match the configuration of the car as tested by the government or something like that. Either way though, I don't have the cover on my ODB-II port anymore :(

Regards

Pat

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
I was called by my Studio to take my car in last week for a re-flash, and while there they permanently removed the cover from the ODB-II port for some reason. On another post somewhere I was told that it had to do with making the car match the configuration of the car as tested by the government or something like that. Either way though, I don't have the cover on my ODB-II port anymore :(

Regards

Pat

Although it isn't truly an issue I would certainly mention it to the Studio that you'd prefer it in place, no valid reason I could imagine for it not being replaced.

·
Registered
453 Posts
yeah, no cover on mine. Just a big multi-connection plug-thing above the hood release.

·
Registered
60 Posts
To be honest it really pissed me off that my dealer didn't tell me I had an earlier model. When I went for a test drive they didn't have any pop autos, so I drove a pop cabrio. Didn't think to check if my pop had blue&me since it clearly states on Fiat's website that all Pops come with Blue & Me.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
To be honest it really pissed me off that my dealer didn't tell me I had an earlier model. When I went for a test drive they didn't have any pop autos, so I drove a pop cabrio. Didn't think to check if my pop had blue&me since it clearly states on Fiat's website that all Pops come with Blue & Me.

I don't know that I would be able to not think about it, I'd be expecting it and not having it would definitely anger me, to be honest my dealer didn't tell me of ANY options I could get with my Sport, I just looked and found it to have some added options some of the others on the lot did not have and bought the most loaded one I could find.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Untitled - don't feel bad, I got my Pop one day before the change and when I talked to the dealer, I didn't get anywhere! Other people around the country were getting discounts, vouchers, etc. Seemed to vary by dealer.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hi

Although it isn't truly an issue I would certainly mention it to the Studio that you'd prefer it in place, no valid reason I could imagine for it not being replaced.
Hi,

That's what I would have thought too. But the service manager told me that they were required to remove it, and on another board someone posted something about how, since the "car tested and reviewed for emissions conformity by CARB didn't have a cover installed on the connector. The cover needs to be discarded to conform to the test sample." (TSB 08-56-11 - Diagnostic Link Connector Cover).

Regards

Pat

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Hi,

That's what I would have thought too. But the service manager told me that they were required to remove it, and on another board someone posted something about how, since the "car tested and reviewed for emissions conformity by CARB didn't have a cover installed on the connector. The cover needs to be discarded to conform to the test sample." (TSB 08-56-11 - Diagnostic Link Connector Cover).

Regards

Pat

Well the cover cannot hurt so I suppose I will need to remove mine before each inspection or dealer visit and replace it afterwards, I like how it looks on and so it shall remain as such. Thanks for the info.:cool:

·
Registered
43 Posts
FiatUSA sent me a cute USB drive the other day for my Pop. They said "plug it in to use Ecodrive feature" but a USB doesn't fit in the glove box -- it has a round hole like those for earphones. Should I have a USB port there? Thanks.
Yup - probably have an early Pop like me that didn't come with Blue&Me. Just hope that you got the 500 taken off the price for it.

Anyhow, now you just have a USB drive. I haven't plugged it into anything yet.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts