Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Fiat 500 sport with Blue&Me. USB port was working great and now its dead. No power and does not reconize anything plugged into it. Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
happened to me they pulled the fuse for the USB and put it right back in and now it works fine.... Fiat then sent my tech a file to gain some information as to what caused the USB to stop working.... don't know if anything has come from that yet...

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Curious what this was - link didnt work for me.....
Rocketfish™ - USB Vehicle Power Adapter - Black Model: RF-M357| SKU: 9347968 http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Rocketf...&ref=06&loc=01&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=9347968 Try it again...no clue why it didn't work. I like it because it is so slim it doesn't stick up and get in the way at all. Obviously just for charging not for the playback, I use it when I use the GPS on the phone to help stay powered a little better and for quick charges if I happen to be running low on juice.

·
Registered
207 Posts
One of those adapters came with the Tom Tom to power up in other cars but I use it to charge my cell phone. First issue with car tonight, it would not see the ipod even though the ipod was powering up and playing. Radio said no source available. May pull my fuse and see if that helps.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Plugged the ipod into the computer today and added some albums. Thought I'd try it in the 500 and it worked! So I don't know if it was the ipod or the 500. First hiccup, hope the last.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Fuses #5 and 10 are for the radio and other things. I pulled both and the usb port was dead but I don't know which one actually killed it. Pulling them didn't not work for me only plugging the ipod to my computer seemed to fix my problem but if you have a dead usb port it may be a fuse but they are for more than the usb port.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Everything is working fine other than the USB port. Is there a cure for just the port? Location?
NHFiat500:

I am sorry to learn of the failure of the USB port. As you vehicle is under warranty, I would suggest making an appointment at your local Studio to have the concern addressed. Please keep us posted if we at Fiatcares can be of assistance.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well its in the shop at Kelly Fiat Dodge (MA) and now the USB port is magically working again. No idea. Getting other stuff done too anyways. Sun visors won't stay up, wiper blade sitting to low, and the invisible bra I had put on is lifting in spots. Oh and they are fixing the scratches that the Sarasota Fiat/Dodge (FL) dealer did to my car.

I must say though the loaner they gave me is not very pleasing. They gave me an automatic Pop. The suspension is very loose and can't take corners well. The car doesn't shift well and there is no power. I'm glad I got a manual sport :)

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Well its in the shop at Kelly Fiat Dodge (MA) and now the USB port is magically working again. No idea. Getting other stuff done too anyways. Sun visors won't stay up, wiper blade sitting to low, and the invisible bra I had put on is lifting in spots. Oh and they are fixing the scratches that the Sarasota Fiat/Dodge (FL) dealer did to my car.

I must say though the loaner they gave me is not very pleasing. They gave me an automatic Pop. The suspension is very loose and can't take corners well. The car doesn't shift well and there is no power. I'm glad I got a manual sport :)
NHFiat500:

Isn't that the way is always goes?? You bring the vehicle in for service or to address an issue and it ends up working fine. That is the frustrating part of trying to catch an intermittent problem in the act...as it happens, but that's exactly what is needed. I'm glad they are addressing the other issues you mentioned. If the USB concern becomes more frequent, please let me know.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just wanted to let you know I got my car back. The service was great! Car is came back spotless fully washed and vac. Not a scratch! Kelly Fiat Dodge I highly recommend. They really wanted to please, compared to the that Fiat Dodge dealer down in Sarasota FL.

Oh question... maybe we need a new thread idk. Is all service moving to the dodge dealers? Is dodge going away?

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Just wanted to let you know I got my car back. The service was great! Car is came back spotless fully washed and vac. Not a scratch! Kelly Fiat Dodge I highly recommend. They really wanted to please, compared to the that Fiat Dodge dealer down in Sarasota FL.

Oh question... maybe we need a new thread idk. Is all service moving to the dodge dealers? Is dodge going away?
NH500:

Glad to hear of the great studio service you received, and as far as I know, Dodge is still alive and kicking, haha. Have a great week..

·
Registered
188 Posts
Well add me to the list... My usb port in the glove was working fine with my ipod until 5 days ago. We changed out the cord and even tried another 3 ipods and it still wont play or even change over to usb. I am really not liking this car....

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well add me to the list... My usb port in the glove was working fine with my ipod until 5 days ago. We changed out the cord and even tried another 3 ipods and it still wont play or even change over to usb. I am really not liking this car....
I believe there is an upgrade to the system anyways that you should get. They will flash the system and update it. I think that is what fixed mine even though they said it was working in the first place which it was not. Blue&Me is nothing new. The system has been around in Europe for a couple years now. Mine has been working great ever sense and now I can use Pandora through the USB and control / see the track info in the radio.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts