Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I don't have my 500 yet (heading down to the dealer tomorrow to get everything worked out), but I was wondering about the USB port.

I'd like to use my iPhone for music and Blue & Me, etc. but would also like to use the eco:Drive feature as well. Is it possible to use a small USB hub to plug both devices in at one time?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I think I remember someone on here saying once that hubs were not recognized, but since I have a Fiat, an iPhone and a USB drive setup for Eco: Drive, I will see if I can track down a hub and test it out the configuration myself.

Unless someone knows for sure it won't work.

D.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
OK, I don't have my 500 yet (heading down to the dealer tomorrow to get everything worked out), but I was wondering about the USB port.

I'd like to use my iPhone for music and Blue & Me, etc. but would also like to use the eco:Drive feature as well. Is it possible to use a small USB hub to plug both devices in at one time?
What some of us are doing is using a cheap USB flash drive for music AND the eco drive. I got a cheapo 8 GB deal for not much money.

*I also have pictures on it and changed the background on my FIAT SAT NAV to be a picture of boobies.

*a lie

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info guys. I imagine there will be some kind of app to work with it at some point.

I don't think I'll be getting the satnav, but I could just stick my iPhone to the windshield, then I'll have full motion boob video.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I used to read the posts of 2DSteve on another forum. You guys post similarly, but yours have more depth.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK, so I read up on the eco:Drive site this weekend, and it looks like you don't need to leave a memory stick in the car while you drive, but at the end of the drive the data will transfer to the first memory stick you put into the USB port. So that sounds like, as long as your iPod isn't set up to also work as a memory stick, it should allow you to use it while driving, then swap it out and collect data at the end.

·
Registered
487 Posts
If you have no memory stick installed it will EcoDrive will run as long as it has space to buffer the data. When it gets close to full it'll start letting you know. They you can plug in a memory stick to dump it out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts