Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spoke with the Boston area corporate office of Valvoline today. I asked when their systems (software) would be able to support service of the 500. I was advised that it could take up to a year for the software systems to be update to accept the 500. The area supervisor did tell me that the more 500 owners that called corporate locations the sooner the systems would be updated. I am an “old schooler” that gets the oil changed at three to four thousand mile intervals. The manufacturer recommendation of eight thousand is too much (my opinion) especially since the multi air engine is driven by oil pressure.

Please take a moment and reach out to Valvoline and tell them that you want to get your 500 serviced by them (that is if you use them). 1-800-(327-8242) or email them at [email protected] Thanks

·
Registered
255 Posts
Run full-synth oil, change it when the car tells you to, and keep some oil out of the environment. And personally, I don't trust the random schmoes at quick-lube places - both because when I used to do that it was obvious I knew more than them, and because I've heard horror stories of cars being ruined, and then the quick-lube place and the manufacturer both saying it's the other's fault. Dealer's a little more, but if they screw it up everyone knows whose fault it was.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts