Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So far, I haven't seen ANY other photos or cars in my town of this color. I went to the dealer to get the Bianco Perla, but once I saw this one, it was a done deal! It looks so retro, I absolutely love it :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Love the color! It really makes it hard to chose. I kinda favor the olive green. I wonder if these colors are a copy of the original colors offered with the original 500?

·
Registered
433 Posts
great color, it was in my top 5, especially with the brown interior. the Sport seat inserts really take on a nice green hue when paired with Chiaro. grats on your purchase and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Love the color! It really makes it hard to chose. I kinda favor the olive green. I wonder if these colors are a copy of the original colors offered with the original 500?
Yes, some of the colors are, like the Verde Chiaro. It was an original color in 1957. :)

It is also absolutely a fantastic color in person if you haven't seen it!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Might be the best color for a 500...and I generally do not like green!

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
it is the best color. I'll fight anyone who says differently. This includes women.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

This lounge pulled up next to me today :) First one I've seen, other than mine, in my area. While we were talking about how much we loved our cars, a few people walked up, asking what these cars were. It was awesome! I've received nothing but compliments on my car so far. Especially the color.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
first, welcome to the forum. sorry I missed this thread or I would have posted earlier. where are you? you don't have a "Location" in your profile.

back on topic, yep....LOVE the color too. in fact so, I ordered my 500 Sport in the same color back in June. we love it. get lots of compliments and the reason I orderred Verde Chiaro? like you, it's so RETRO. :)

here's a pic of MY 500......"Gumby", upon its arrival at the O'Brien FIAT Stuidio in Greenwood Indiana:

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
I was not a fan of this color but it is growing on me. I asked at my Fiat dealer what the most popular color was and it went in this order:

1. Verde Chiaro
2. Bianco
3. Rosso brillante
4. Nero
5. Argento

And then they told me I was the only with the grigio. I guess no one likes the grigio.

Interesting how it varies in region.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts

This lounge pulled up next to me today :) First one I've seen, other than mine, in my area. While we were talking about how much we loved our cars, a few people walked up, asking what these cars were. It was awesome! I've received nothing but compliments on my car so far. Especially the color.
Love the retro colors, BUT.... You need parking lessons, lol. Look how close the car to the right is!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I chose Verde Chiaro because I liked it, it looked retro, and I figured you could go a long time without washing it in my area without it looking dirty. That has turned out to be correct. Dust doesn't even show on it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Love the retro colors, BUT.... You need parking lessons, lol. Look how close the car to the right is!
Lol, Nissan belongs to the lady I work with. She always parks that close to me. She bought her Nissan the same day I bought my fiat. I don't want to be 'that Guy' who tells her not to park so close to me, I just keep an eye out for door dings. And I've seen her get in and out of her car, while being so close to mine, she is very careful, so I don't worry :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
first, welcome to the forum. sorry I missed this thread or I would have posted earlier. where are you? you don't have a "Location" in your profile.
I'm in southern California, in the Antelope Valley. Its funny you call yours Gumby :) I call mine, my Micro Machine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello! I'm new to this site, and I'm getting my verde chiaro next week. I absolutely love the color - love the retro quality too. They're changing the seats for me to brown and ivory (fabric). I liked that better with the color than the grey/ivory. Mine is going to be named Bambino.

·
Registered
250 Posts
oh its a ninja turtle! probably Donatello but it could be Leonardo if you want to...
just kidding, congrats and its a great colour, and i think is going to be discontinued for 2013, so you´ll have a rare and unique car

1 - 20 of 42 Posts