Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
I want something that sits right at the wheel fenders. eliminating all wheel gap if possible. but that seems to be a coilover set up to get that

·
Registered
518 Posts
The Vogtland springs provide a 1 1/4" drop. The Vogtland engineers feel that even a 1 1/2" drop will cause the stock struts to bottom out. If you bottom out a strut, you break it if the impact is hard enough. If you want a drop of 1 1/2" or more, you'll need adjustable coilovers or air bags.
The red car pictured has Euro springs in the rear, we haven't had a chance to swap in the US version springs, so that accounts for the rear being slightly higher. It also still has the rubber insulators in the springs. Removing the insulators will bring the car level, but since the rear springs are going to be changed to the US version we didn't go to the trouble of taking them out. Remember also, if you put passengers in the rear you need enough clearance with the extra load
The ride and handling with the Vogtland springs is superb, no body roll and not overly harsh. They are progressive rate springs, so the ride is still acceptable without the harshness.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I will as soon as I install the US spec rear springs

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Any more info on these springs? Do they sit a little lower than the eibach pro kit, but a bit higher than the sportlines?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts