Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I bought a Fiat 500 Sport 3 days ago. I have an iPhone and have been enjoying the voice recognition features and the USB media features.

I started the car and left work for home, pushed the VR button to make a call. NOTHING. Absolutely nothing happened. The CD player still works, but the USB media player acts like there's no source, but the USB stick I've been using since I bought the car was still inserted and had not been touched.

What happened? :confused:

·
Registered
13,454 Posts
• Is your USB flash stick is bad, that you got plug in?

• How does you iPhone act plugged in to the USB/cord USB slot of car. Can you control it, using the steering wheel buttons?

• How does you iPhone work, turning on its Blue tooth feature, and the Blue & Me of the car sync to it? (Do you have voice control, this way?) NO cord.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Problem resolved for now. It went away by itself. Several hours after parking in my garage I went out and started the car. The odometer was not blinking and the VR worked perfectly. I'm using the same USB flash stick. In response to other questions above, when experiencing the problem, no communication to the iPhone was possible by BT or cable, but the BT device connection did show active. Here's an email response from Fiat service regarding the symtoms:"...it sounds like to me is you may have an issue with your telecommatic module which is what controls your blue & me and voice recognition. I can’t tell you without looking at it and plugging it in to our computer what happened, but it should be a pretty easy fix. This also is what is causing the information in your cluster to blink."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts