Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to disable the feature where the volume adjusts with speed? At first, I thought it was "loudness", but I'm not totally sure what that does. It's a neat idea, but it gets annoying with other people in the car.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Pressing the menu button on the head unit should bring up a menu referencing the speed adjustment.

From the manual:

Speed Volume Function — If Equipped
This function automatically adapts the volume level to
the speed of the car, turning up the volume when the
speed increases to maintain the ratio with the noise level
inside the passenger compartment. To activate/
deactivate the function, use the buttons. The wording
“Speed volume” appears on the display, followed by the
current status of the function:
• Off: function deactivated
• Low: function activated (low sensitivity)
• High: function activated (high sensitivity).

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You just made my night! I didn't know how to access the equalizer either. Now Godsmack sounds amazing.....

·
Registered
17 Posts
is the speed volumn on your radio a upgraded bose system or the stock radio. My bose does not have that feature ..fiat told me its not on the bose system !!!!

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
is the speed volumn on your radio a upgraded bose system or the stock radio. My bose does not have that feature ..fiat told me its not on the bose system !!!!

Correct, although one would think the "upgrade" would mean you'd get such a feature this is only for the non Bose system sadly. :(

·
Registered
614 Posts
I'm not overly impressed with the sound of the Bose system...the bass sounds cheap for the price paid...not much of a sub at all.

When I listen to it cranked, I can't help but feel the speakers won't last more than a year.

If I had to do it over again, I'd test drive the stereos as well instead of assuming the Bose package would be a no-brainer.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
I'm not overly impressed with the sound of the Bose system...the bass sounds cheap for the price paid...not much of a sub at all.

When I listen to it cranked, I can't help but feel the speakers won't last more than a year.

If I had to do it over again, I'd test drive the stereos as well instead of assuming the Bose package would be a no-brainer.

I'd have to agree, I think the EQ is non Bose and I know the auto speed compensation is non Bose. BOTH should be included with the Bose I would think but we have the lightweight low cost Bose system which sounds good but is certainly far from great. If things go south I am not sure what I will change to but I have always enjoyed the clear clean sounds from Infinity. I too should have tested more, I pretty much drove to the dealer, picked a Sport with a few options I knew I wanted and signed, I tend to jump a bit quickly on things I like at times.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts