Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just put my deposit down on an Abarth. I chose Nero exterior with Rosso mirror covers and side stripe. Also went with the Pelle Rosso/Nero seats and black 17" wheels.

Man I hope it gets here soon!

When I was 14 years old my dad decided he was going to teach my sister (16) and me how to drive a standard. He took us me to an abandoned airport in my mom's 1971 Fiat 124 Sport Spyder. Dad showed us the basics and then let us drive around as much as we wanted. I loved that car, as did my mom. She cried when my dad sold it years later. She's in her 70's now and still wishes she had that car. I've always had a fondness for Fiats and was sad when they pulled out of the States.

When I saw the "Seduction" commercial my jaw dropped to the ground. Not (just) because of the super model, but because the Abarth is exactly the car I want. I currently drive a full size SUV about 20 miles to work and back. Getting tired of getting just 10-15 mpg and was looking for a small efficient sporty car. Looked at VW, Subaru, etc. and didn't find one I liked in my sub $30,000 price range.

Once I saw the Abarth I spent a ton of time on Google trying to find out what everyone thought about it. Every review I read had a very similar conclussion. The car is a blast to drive. Then, I walked a couple of blocks from work to the Fiat studio and was very impressed with the different 500 models they had.

So, today I signed the paperwork and can't wait to get it.

Glad to see there is a forum dedicated to the Fiat 500 I am very excited to join!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have yet to see one in the Spring area where I live. But I don't get out of the Spring/Woodlands area much. :) I did see one on Highway 21 when I went to San Marcos last weekend. My sister said she sees several in the Austin area.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Davidjon, congrats on the Abarth! I put my deposit down end of February at the Fiat of McKinney. I believe I'm in wave 2. Hopefully, delivery will be in May.

I'm going with the Grigio with black stripe/mirror with red leather seats. I was going to to with the red stripe/mirror, but wasn't sure how that looked.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Ciaobella,

I ordered the exact same car from Fiat of McKinney except I went for the red stripe and mirror caps. I too was not sure how the grey and red would look together till recently I saw some pics. It does look pretty slick.

I might be in the second wave but more than likely it will be the third. I hope you get to enjoy your car soon.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ciaobella,

That color combination was a very, very close second in my choice. I think the black stripe and mirror caps will look fantastic with that color.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Ciaobella,

That color combination was a very, very close second in my choice. I think the black stripe and mirror caps will look fantastic with that color.
That will look really classy. I was considering that color combination as well. Almost went for the black and red option, but decided against it (I've had a black car before and they don't go well with Texas heat in the summer).

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That will look really classy. I was considering that color combination as well. Almost went for the black and red option, but decided against it (I've had a black car before and they don't go well with Texas heat in the summer).

Living in Houston, and having grown up in the DFW area, I've sworn never to buy a black car. That was before I fell in love with the black/red Abarth. I might regret the color choice this summer, especially since the mornings here are already in the 70's and the daytime highs are getting into the 80's. I'm lucky, though, because I have garage parking both at home and at work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts