Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had experience with waiting for parts for warranty work? If so how long did you wait?

My door molding has discolored and is being replaced. I have been waiting 2 weeks for the replacements. Called the service manager yesterday at 11am and have yet to recieve a return call. I'm getting frustrated!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
That's the bad part about owning a car in it's first year of production. One of my side skirts on my prima sport is coming off. I have an appt in 2 weeks but If they need to replace it I'll be expecting to wait

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's the bad part about owning a car in it's first year of production. One of my side skirts on my prima sport is coming off. I have an appt in 2 weeks but If they need to replace it I'll be expecting to wait
I know, I should know better....

When the Chevy HHR came out I was quick to grab one of them and then after only 4000 miles I hit a deer at 75mph and did $9999 worth of damage. I waited well over a month for parts to come in. I had to make several phone calls to GM and in the end they paid me the equivalent of one months car payment for the long wait. So I know I should be patient.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
which door molding are you waiting for? I'll check availablity and get back to you. :)

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
which door molding are you waiting for? I'll check availablity and get back to you. :)
Basically it's all the rubber molding around both doors and side windows. I attached a pic to give you an idea.

Thanks!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Window replacement

My Sport had a flaw in the window class driver side noticed the day I took delivery. Took the dealer here about 10 days to get the replacement window.

So far I have no other issues other than thee fantom radio that turns itself on...no fix for that yet as I undrrstand,correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I had the driver's side headlight and taillight replaced in May. It was quick, took about 2 days for the parts to arrive. I have had instances where I've ordered parts at Volvo that take a week to arrive, only to find out that it's the wrong part. The dealership always shipped the correct part in overnight to correct the error.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
recently FIAT started shipping the TomTom Nav units separate from the cars. mine was shipped OVERNIGHT and I received it today! :D

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Basically it's all the rubber molding around both doors and side windows. I attached a pic to give you an idea.

Thanks!

I have that as well on the passenger side, though not as bad. I can't imagine it being something a little trim dressing can't fix.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
I ordered a replacement can of sealant for the TIREFIT kit, that took about a four days.
that I can believe. due to HAZMAT restrictions, I believe it can only be shipped by 'Ground'. generally your FIAT Studio should have parts to you no later than 2 days, unless there is a backorder situation. I've not run across one yet.

for a new vehicle, they seem to have a pretty decent stock of parts.:)

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I rec'd a phone call from the service manager today and he said the parts are not in yet and they will call as soon as they show up. Later today I spoke with my sales rep to order slush mats and she called me back to tell me the other parts are in and the slush mats will be in within 2 days. So I called to schedule an appt to get them changed. I was told the "person" I needed to talk to to schedule that was not in & would call me back. This was at 3pm, no call... Is there only one person that schedules Fiat service?! WEIRD! I think this is one of the main faults of having your sales and service departments about 8 miles apart! Sales rep has to call just like I do and gets the same answers I would get...

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
I know FIAT wants to keep everything 'separate' from Chrysler, but why not have a trained FIAT service rep at the service facility that YOU could call directly to make your appointment?

makes sense to me, especially if their sales is 8 miles away from service.

anyway, glad to hear your parts are in. I've been to Plymouth once....a long, boring drive from Indy. we just drove up to Wabash a couple weekends ago. saw a blue FIAT going south with a bike rack on the back. wasn't YOU, was it??? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I know FIAT wants to keep everything 'separate' from Chrysler, but why not have a trained FIAT service rep at the service facility that YOU could call directly to make your appointment?

makes sense to me, especially if their sales is 8 miles away from service.

anyway, glad to hear your parts are in. I've been to Plymouth once....a long, boring drive from Indy. we just drove up to Wabash a couple weekends ago. saw a blue FIAT going south with a bike rack on the back. wasn't YOU, was it??? :rolleyes:
No I don't have a bike rack. I have been between Plymouth & Warsaw the last couple weeks.

As for a trained service rep I agree. I guess my concern was I just wanted to schedule an appt. Do I need a trained professional for that? I'm gonna be in Indy on Tuesday for a Dr appt with my son so I'm hoping they can get me in.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
No I don't have a bike rack. I have been between Plymouth & Warsaw the last couple weeks.

As for a trained service rep I agree. I guess my concern was I just wanted to schedule an appt. Do I need a trained professional for that? I'm gonna be in Indy on Tuesday for a Dr appt with my son so I'm hoping they can get me in.

I would imagine your dealer is like most that have their Chrysler stores servicing FIATs for the time being. generally they only have 1 or maybe 2 "Factory Trained Technicians" so not to inconvenience you any more than you have been already, I would imagine making an appointment for your molding replacement would be best. also, as I had mentioned, the rear side glass, or "quarter glass", will need to be replaced if the black trim around them is also discolored. it is all serviced as an 'assembly'. this could take some time to do, especially for a tech that has not done this procedure. they may even opt to have an experienced glass installer to the repair.

guess all I'm saying is that it won't be a 'hi, I'm here....wait an hour and then hear Sir, your car is ready' kind of deal. this is all new to us.....even the "professionals". :rolleyes:

good luck and keep us posted on your experience.:)

·
Registered
28 Posts
drivers side side skirt

my driver side side skirt was warped and was coming off in my Prima. I took it back the day after I got it. I have been calling like mad to have it fixed and they claim they dont have parts, then cant match paint without codes and then mis matched and painted it white instead of rosso. I'ts been 3 months. it's supposed to get fixed tomorrow but I am hating pretty hard on Power fiat of south bay. they have been less than helpful and refuse to return calls or messages.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
my driver side side skirt was warped and was coming off in my Prima. I took it back the day after I got it. I have been calling like mad to have it fixed and they claim they dont have parts, then cant match paint without codes and then mis matched and painted it white instead of rosso. I'ts been 3 months. it's supposed to get fixed tomorrow but I am hating pretty hard on Power fiat of south bay. they have been less than helpful and refuse to return calls or messages.

my drivers side skirt is also slowly coming off, i still cant believe they didnt throw 2 bolts on each side and decided to glue them was a good idea...i have an appt next week but im not confident it will be a fast fix

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm sure the wait for parts won't be like the "Good old Days". In 1974 I broke the rear Axle Shaft in my 1959 Fiat 500, Ordered an new one from Ritter Fiat in North Kansas City, Missouri for $19.95 and finally got the new one 1 1/2 years Later and paid $29.95 for it. So I think if I had to wait a week or two for a Part for my Prima #410 I wouldn't complain too much because, I think this New Fiat is AWESOME!!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well I went Tuesday and had my door moldings replaced. While there I also had them take care of a couple other issues. They were:

1. Tighten bolt on drivers door. (could've done it myself but how would they know if I did...)
2. Ask for them to look into the speedometers accuracy. The digital is 2 miles faster than analog. Said they are waiting on a response from Fiat but think this might be an acceptable variance. How do I know which is correct?!
3. driver side wiper cowl is loose. Part ordered....
4. Computer update performed. Something called "Rapid Response" not sure what it does but it's done...

Also I had ordered the Slush mats so I picked them up while I was there. Nice mats but I have yet to put them in the car....

Dropped my car off at 8:15am & went back around 3:30 to pick it up. Was not called to say it's done but it was. All but a car wash. I was happy to wait for the bath. This service was performed at Champion Chrysler in Indianapolis.

Also went to the studio to get some touchup paint and learned that my sales lady was no longer with Fiat. She had been moved to another position at the Chrysler location. Is this the result of low sales and too many sales people?!

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

1 - 20 of 21 Posts