Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I'm a former owner of an 76' MG Midget, and although I've never owned a Fiat, I have fallen for the style and design of the 500. Still researching and listening to the comments of others before making a decision though. I'm waiting for the 500c to be available in the US. I'm also approximately 6 feet 3 inches tall, so not even sure I'll fit in one yet, but I'm trying to be patient!

Anyone have any first hand knowledge on height restrictions for the 500c?

Michael

·
Registered
233 Posts
You'll fit in one no problem, as long as you get a model without the power sunroof. The sunroof mechanism lowers the effective roofline by a couple of inches. The 500c will be revealed in a couple of weeks, but will look pretty much the same as euro cabrios. Expect an @ $3,000 extra cost to get into one.

At just 101hp, they aren't fast, but given their low weight and eager to play powerplant it's definitely a fun runabout. Hopefully the extra weight of the cabrio doesn't ruin the fun. But why trust me? Just show up at your local studio and drive one yourself. Personally, I expected to find it tinny and way too slow for my tastes, and was thinking iof waiting for the Abarth. But, once I drove it, I was amazed how much fun it could be to mash the gas pedal and let er rip. My brother had a 1st generation GTI back in the day, and this car reminds me of his old one. It wasn't fast, but was happy to be thrown around as much as you wanted.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I agree 100% with Kzod... the 500 is not fast but quickly makes up for it with it's handling and drive experience. My kids say it's like being in real-life Super Mario Kart.

Simply put it's a blast to drive.

In regards to height, I am 5' 11' and the one thing I wish I could change on my PE 500 is the sun roof. I would have rather had the extra few inches of head room.

I was tempted to wait for the Abarth to come to the states as I really would like the extra HP but who knows when that will actually make it here.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi to KZOD: You mentioned beige roof? Did you mean headliner, or actually two tone paint? I too love those colors, but wasn't sure what headliner looks like.
Thanks
Dennis

·
Registered
233 Posts
If memory serves the headliners in the pop & lounge were beige, while the sports and primas were dark. My Beige roof on order refers to the 500c, c as in Cabrio. So, that's the color of the retractable roof on my car, which I pre-ordered. If there are any nasty surprises at the release or when I see the car (price, design) I always have the option of transferring my deposit to a hardtop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts