Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So does anyone know exactly what the warranty covers. I mean as detailed and specific as possible. I know its 3yr bumper to bumper and 5 year powertrain, but what falls under that. Would they replace my clutch for free if need be (hopefully that will never have to happen). I'm just not entirely sure how it's being covered

·
Registered
233 Posts
Clutch's and brakes are almost never covered, unless it was a design defect. Basically anything that you can ruin yourself through poor use of the vehicle will never be covered by any car company.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Clutch's and brakes are almost never covered, unless it was a design defect. Basically anything that you can ruin yourself through poor use of the vehicle will never be covered by any car company.
have never seen a company cover regular wear items, but the 3yr/36k does indeed cover some wear items.

YEARS/50,000 MILES
  • Basic Limited Warranty ( as outlined in your 2012 USER GUIDE )​
  • $30 First Day Rental Car Allowance or Taxi Reimbursement ( same day mechanical or maintenance service visit, excludes body work )​
  • Extended Car Rental Allowance or Taxi Reimbursement ( for overnight repairs on covered components, 5-day maximum per occurrence )​
3 YEARS/36,000 MILES
  • Scheduled Maintenance - Oil, Oil Filter Changes and Lubrication Service ( as outlined in the 2012 User's Guide )​
  • Wear Coverage - Includes brakes, (rotors, pads, linings & drums), wiper blades and clutch discs or modular clutch assembly ( as equipped )
4 YEARS/UNLIMITED MILES
  • "Sign-And-Go" Towing and Roadside Assistance ( includes towing, flat-tire service, battery jump, out-of-gas fuel delivery and lockout service ie. keys locked in car or frozen lock )​
  • $1000 Trip Interruption Coverage Provides up to $1000 for lodging, meals and car rental expense if:​
  • (1) the vehicle is inoperable due to a component failure covered by the factory warranty AND​
  • (2) The failure occurs more than 100 miles from home​

1 - 3 of 3 Posts