Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm hoping one of you lovely people will know the answer to this. I have a 2015 Fiat 500 pop and have recently had all warning lights flagging up on my dash board at the same time (mostly when I've put the car into neutral at traffic lights or when parking), as well as the light on the dash board (when the headlights are on) goes off and on intermittently as though there's a loose wiring connection and now whenever these warnings come on (hill holder function unavailable, tyre pressure monitoring unavailable, start stop unavailable and more), the engine starts 'revving' or 'humming' louder and the power to the accelerator completely goes. It's as though the start stop kicks in, but that hasn't worked since I've had the car. I keep having to switch the ignition off and back on to kick start everything back into action lol. The issue I have is that I have taken the car numerous times to Ford (I know ... it's where I bought the car and who my warranty is with) who told me that they don't have the 'expertise' to diagnose the fault. So I then took it to the Fiat dealership - who couldn't find a fault! I don't know whether I am being fobbed off until my warranty expires or they just can't find the issue. Help :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, I'm hoping one of you lovely people will know the answer to this. I have a 2015 Fiat 500 pop and have recently had all warning lights flagging up on my dash board at the same time (mostly when I've put the car into neutral at traffic lights or when parking), as well as the light on the dash board (when the headlights are on) goes off and on intermittently as though there's a loose wiring connection and now whenever these warnings come on (hill holder function unavailable, tyre pressure monitoring unavailable, start stop unavailable and more), the engine starts 'revving' or 'humming' louder and the power to the accelerator completely goes. It's as though the start stop kicks in, but that hasn't worked since I've had the car. I keep having to switch the ignition off and back on to kick start everything back into action lol. The issue I have is that I have taken the car numerous times to Ford (I know ... it's where I bought the car and who my warranty is with) who told me that they don't have the 'expertise' to diagnose the fault. So I then took it to the Fiat dealership - who couldn't find a fault! I don't know whether I am being fobbed off until my warranty expires or they just can't find the issue. Help :(
I have a 2015 fiat 500 pop and have similar problems. Been to an auto electrician and replaced the Evap valve which he said would cure it at a cost of £400. Was OK for around a week but has gone into limp mode twice since. The last time at a junction on a hill and was scary. Not sure what to do now and don't feel confident in using the car now.
I hope that someone can help with any ideas or a cure.

·
Registered
13,511 Posts
I have a 2015 fiat 500 pop and have similar problems. Been to an auto electrician and replaced the Evap valve which he said would cure it at a cost of £400. Was OK for around a week but has gone into limp mode twice since. The last time at a junction on a hill and was scary. Not sure what to do now and don't feel confident in using the car now.
Have you hooked a code reader up, see if there any engine management codes?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It’s so frustrating. I’ve had 4 garages try and diagnose the fault and none of them can get any warnings on their readers. One mechanic I’d randomly found on fb said it could either be a loose connection, rotten wires or the garage has put a cheaper battery in that doesn’t support start stop which apparently can cause warnings. I’ve now managed to tell them to just take the car for how ever long it takes and check everything as sams as you I don’t feel comfortable driving it when it suddenly loses power. Fingers crossed you get answers too but will let you know if anything comes of my next visit beginning of June lol.

·
Registered
80 Posts
A new decent battery would almost indefinitely fix the issue. If not check the grounds for the ecu under the good by the battery and make sure they are not corroded. Kiwifarmer purchase a fixD sensor from the internet they are about 50 or what ever equivalent bluetooth scanner for your country not sure if euro cars are still obd2 or some other port. When my abarth limped out it was the crankshaft position sensor.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have very similar issues. All the warning lights come on pretty much at random when driving. Hill holder unavailable start stop unavailable, EPS failure, fuel cut off failure, and then ultimately engine failure and the car cuts out. Have to turn it off and on again to reset. I’ve been to loads of garages, and none have been able to fix it. Even the official fiat dealership have tried 3 times to fix it, and have apparently checked every connection. If anybody has an idea please let me know! It would be such a shame to scrap a perfectly working car because of an electrical fault!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts