Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight I discover why the car have many steam on windows (inside)......the passenger side floor is wet!!

Did anyone have issue with water infiltration???The car as only 2500km...I will call my dealer this week!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I agree with the AC condensor. Usually its a common problem (in other cars) that the drain hose can become disconnected and it will start to drain into the passenger side footwell. This occurs as the ice that formed on the condensor while the AC was on starts to melt after you have shut off the car. BTW the condensor is located under the dash, pretty much behind the glove compartment.

Another possibility is that there could be a leak in the weather stripping around the door/windshield/sunroof. Either way, I'd let the dealer worry about it. Isn't that part of the reason we buy new cars! :)

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
It could also be the ac drain for condensation. Hope you find it b4 it starts to smell.
I vote for this one. more than likely what you're seeing on your windows is condensation, not steam, from moisture in the air due to the A/C drain either being stopped up OR possibly pinched off. I've even heard of the drain on some cars (not FIATS) falling off and the condensation from the evaporator just leaks onto the floor, causing the passenger carpet to be wet. sound familiar?

my money is on the drain tube......good luck and pls let us know what it was, just for future reference. :)

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
I agree with the AC condensor........BTW the condensor is located under the dash, pretty much behind the glove compartment.
actually, the CONDENSOR is located in front of the radiator, behind the front bumper. the EVAPORATOR is located in the A/C Heater case under the dash, on the passenger side of the car. the puddle of water that one sees under a car after its been driven with the A/C on is condensation from the EVAPORATOR, which has been routed from the A/C Heater case, through the drain tube and out of the car. :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
well falling off/getting picnched/getting clogged
Either way, its a drainage issue.
Just a car this new shouldn't be clogged. Pinched is possible.
I assumed what "Juair" meant by steam was condensation.

You got me with condensor though I meant evaporator, but in my defense, Im just popping in quickly while at work. My brain is in nutral here... :eek:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I assumed what "Juair" meant by steam was condensation.
Yep!!!Sorry for my english guy's it's my second language...no problem to read your's comment but it's a little bit harder to reply!!!

Thanks again all and i will give news soon!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had a similiar problem

I experienced an similar problem about a week after picking up my sport. Entire passenger side carpet was soaking wet. AC drain had not been pulled through the drain hole. I took it back and the problem was corrected but had to wait with a rental car for two weeks for new carpet to be installed. Good Luck...Hope it is a quick easy fix.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I experienced an similar problem about a week after picking up my sport. Entire passenger side carpet was soaking wet. AC drain had not been pulled through the drain hole. I took it back and the problem was corrected but had to wait with a rental car for two weeks for new carpet to be installed. Good Luck...Hope it is a quick easy fix.

Hehe i think that my trouble it's really the same....today after a ride i look under the car to see if the AC put some water on the ground...no water on the ground!!

The dealer change all the carpet???

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hehe i think that my trouble it's really the same....today after a ride i look under the car to see if the AC put some water on the ground...no water on the ground!!

The dealer change all the carpet???
If the water stagnates in a hot car and is not dried out immediately you will find mold/spores and mustiness in your car, that once in the ventilation system, you will never get rid of it.

Headaches, runny nose, cold like symptoms, scratchy throat are the immediate reactions but internal longterm affects are more severe. Do not take it lightly. Get the dealership to clean this immediately. Also make sure they replace the padding under the carpet too. If not they will only replace the carpet and leave the original padding. Trust me on this. I had to have this done twice since they only replaced the carpet. When I got the car back I checked under the carpet before I accepted the car back only to find soaking wet padding under the newly replaced carpet. This was on another car we had, not a Fiat. Just be sure they dry the car out completely and replace both the carpet and padding under the carpet, if there is padding under the Fiat carpet.

Not to scare you but here are some of the stages of Mold exposure/sickness:

http://www.biosignlabs.com/Symptoms_Mold_Sickness.html

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes the dealer changed all of the carpet in the car. Not sure if the trunk carpet was changed. I put a mark on the back of the wet carpet before taking the car in so that when the "new" carpet was installed I could be sure new was really put in. Good Luck.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Yes the dealer changed all of the carpet in the car. Not sure if the trunk carpet was changed. I put a mark on the back of the wet carpet before taking the car in so that when the "new" carpet was installed I could be sure new was really put in. Good Luck.
the dealer would have nothing to gain and everything to lose if they told you they replaced the carpet and didn't.

first, they would lose your trust and you as a customer and second, they would be charged back by Fiat when they couldn't produce your old carpet for inspection by the warranty dept.

Fiat will pay the dealer for the carpet and the labor, so your dealer should replace it and it shouldn't be an issue for you as to whether they replaced it or not. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Trouble found........... AC drain blocked.....the dealer refuse to change the carpet for a new one...:mad:

The car carpet will dry all the week-en at the dealer garage!!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
After all the work as been done on the Fiat....problem not solved!

This morning all my passenger side is really....but really wet (water noise inside the car when running)

The car goes to the dealer again...................:(:(

·
Registered
453 Posts
That much water has to come from somewhere. What about checking the levels of various fluids in the car? I mean, I don't know much about cars, but if you can hear it trickling, that sounds like more than condensation draining.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That much water has to come from somewhere. What about checking the levels of various fluids in the car? I mean, I don't know much about cars, but if you can hear it trickling, that sounds like more than condensation draining.
The water came from outside of the car....not from the engine bay fluid....i have about 4-5 liter of water on the passenger side!! :mad:

·
Registered
13,454 Posts
I've had a AC drain cause that, too, on other cars I've owned. Also had a plugged sunroof drain cause the same issue. Don't know if you have a sunroof.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts