Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Anyone care to recommend their favorite car wax product, offer any tips, etc?

It might be hard to believe, but I'm approaching middle age and have never waxed a car in my life. This one, though, I'm planning to keep until I'm dead, so I want to take proper care of it, which means I probably need to wax it once in a while.

So, what wax, how often, liquid, paste, that Armour-all stuff, etc. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Ryan

·
Super Moderator
1,385 Posts
Paste wax is good. I use Turtle wax.

I waxed my VW about once a year, and after 14 years, she still shines.

When you wash it, make sure you aren't removing the wax. That is why you don't want to get too close with a high-pressure nozzle. In fact a nozzle of any kind is not necessary, except to turn the flow off/on.

You can buy a big bottle of "Wash+Wax" concentrate, and if you measure properly, will last forever. It won't really "wax as you wash", but what it also won't do is remove the wax that's already there.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I picked my car up on Saturday and washed and waxed it today. It looks great. I'll get pictures up shortly.

Ryan

·
Registered
93 Posts
For mass produced store wax I recomend Meguire's NXT. Afer every wash I then use Griot's spray on wax. After partially drying the car, spray the wax on and dry with a micro fiber towel. I also clay bar every spring to get the contaminates out of the paint and strip any old wax. I wax 3-4 times a year.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,

I used a Meguiar's product for the wash and a Mequiar's liquid wax (but not NXT) after that. I was pleased with the results and thank God it's not a big car.

Fazzster, you anticipated my next question - claybarring. I'm assuming you normally wash, claybar, then wax. Since I just waxed mine, how long do you think would be a good amount of time to wait before doing my first clay bar treatment? Obviously, I've never done one before.

Thanks,

Ryan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts