Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something more stylish and easier to handle with gloves on. These knobs in the Suzuki SX4 are great to to use, it should be too hard for somebody to come up with a nice design that could just be stuck on over the existing dials.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They work fine with bare hands, but I think in the winter it might be tricky if you're wearing anything heavier than Isotoners. My VW used the same type of dials, but the tab stuck all the way out from the surface of the console, so they were really easy to grip.

Design-wise they just seem out of place. Same with the radio and automatic climate controls; with all the creative design work that went into the gauges, the steering wheel, door handles, the body-color section of the dash, etc, the controls in the center console just kind of stick out, like they are the only things on the car that came out of a parts bin at the Fiat design studio.

·
Registered
343 Posts
The stock ones are fine with me. The only thing I don't like about them is that they feel really cheap, worse than any other dial I've ever used in any car. They wobble like Fisher Price toys!

·
Registered
13,459 Posts
The reason, I went with the climate control option, was because of the wobble knobs.
Then again the climate control, is more likely to have a failure. Could be $$$$$ after the warranty is up.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Exactly how I felt, I drove a Pop that was around 4K less and had the "wobbly" knobs which I disliked, took a look around the lot and saw the Sport with auto climate and bought it instead. Unlike others I knew nothing of the FIAT, just saw one and thought it looked cool with some nice options so I went and looked, test drove, then bought one all in the same day. Third car bought like that, like it, buy it, easy enough, so far this has worked extremely well and the cars have always been excellent choices, hopefully this time is the same.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hi

To be honest, I've never had much luck using the knobs on my previous cars, when I have gloves on, so I'm not sure replacing the push buttons on my Pop with dials would be of an advantage to me. As for the twit dials of my base AC, they seem fine to me as is. :)

Regards

Pat

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Gloves on I imagine pushing would beat turning, the buttons with the auto climate seem large enough to function with gloves. What occurs to me is the loss of feel with gloves on, think because the knobs feel wobbly they would break easily cause of someone using them with gloves? When I test drove the pop with knobs it truly felt like it would easily break so I definitely liked the auto for the fact it felt better as well as the auto climate seemed like a nice option.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts