Fiat 500 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Those I could certainly deal with, not sure they make the for the FIAT, if so they probably didn't back when I got my WT, also got the trunk liner and the license plate enclosure type frame, my plate is very clean sealed up in there and my rear cargo carpet is spotless! Guess two out of three products isn't too bad huh. :D
I have to say the WT rear hatch liner fits great. Very happy with the big lip around the edge and how it fits around the amp. Their products are generaly good... they just failed with the window deflectors on this car.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
I have to say the WT rear hatch liner fits great. Very happy with the big lip around the edge and how it fits around the amp. Their products are generaly good... they just failed with the window deflectors on this car.
Yeah the trim to fit was super easy and it fits very well indeed, I like the small lip that would catch liquids. I don't eat, drink, or allow any smokers in or near any car I've ever owned, I've thought about some type of floor mat to protect the carpet in the other areas but haven't found anything I like enough yet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just came across this - very useful! Search for the WT deflectors on fiat500maddness.com and read their installation tips and view the video. Thank you maddness!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I agree with the last post... I have had Weather Tech deflectors on other cars and was very happy with them. After reading some negative feedback from other forum members I was apprehensive about buying them for my '12 Sport. Being the hard head that I am, I went ahead and ordered a set from Madness last week. They arrived promptly and even though I was going to wait till the weather warmed up, I installed them today. (20 degrees so all rubber is stiff). Literally one minute per side with zero problems. I'm pleased.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
I agree with the last post... I have had Weather Tech deflectors on other cars and was very happy with them. After reading some negative feedback from other forum members I was apprehensive about buying them for my '12 Sport. Being the hard head that I am, I went ahead and ordered a set from Madness last week. They arrived promptly and even though I was going to wait till the weather warmed up, I installed them today. (20 degrees so all rubber is stiff). Literally one minute per side with zero problems. I'm pleased.
They work and install easy, look amazing but later on they tend to scratch the rubber as the small stuck on piece up front comes off, hopefully they are revised by now and this won't happen but I am glad they have made you happy!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've tried posting pictures before (not of the deflectors) with no success... if someone can enlighten me as to how, I'll post them asap.

·
Registered
36 Posts
duh... I went to faq's and found out how to post an image. I'll try tomorrow and see what happens.

·
Registered
36 Posts
here are pics of the front and rear Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Bumper Trunk Vehicle Car Automotive exterior

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
here are pics of the front and rear View attachment 8198 View attachment 8199
Give that a little time installed as I did and you'll end up with the same scrapes and cuts in the front seal, sits the same as mine did and it began alright but got worse over time. :( Good luck, hope yours don't do it but it looks likely it will as mine did on the Sport.

·
Registered
36 Posts
thanks for the heads up... I'll keep an eye on it and give a progress report in a few months.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
thanks for the heads up... I'll keep an eye on it and give a progress report in a few months.
I would suggest you get some clear bra type material and attach it to the bottom where it nearly contacts the seals, this stuff is strong and if you do that it won't likely cause near the amount of damage as without it. I got a sheet on if off ebay (Ventureshield) for like $12 but for me it was too late.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'll try it. Thanks

·
Registered
121 Posts
Anybody Try this Yet?

I know this is an old thread but has anybody tried this?:confused:

Try shaving down the end of the Deflector as to fit into the window seal and not use the S-Clip? I would think you could do this with a Dremel and then round the edges. I'm thinking of doing this and then use some 3M Tape to hold the Deflector in place. I would then make a cover for the spot the Deflector sits on the seal by he mirror.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
I know this is an old thread but has anybody tried this?:confused:

Try shaving down the end of the Deflector as to fit into the window seal and not use the S-Clip? I would think you could do this with a Dremel and then round the edges. I'm thinking of doing this and then use some 3M Tape to hold the Deflector in place. I would then make a cover for the spot the Deflector sits on the seal by he mirror.
Tried to make some changes with a Dremel and it did not work out so I just snagged the stick on [email protected] 135MPH they remained and they look fine for about $30 bucks. Maybe your modification will work out. We'll expect pics if it does of course. :cool:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Just to give a heads up, I got my Deflectors yesterday and will be working on them when I have time off from work. Will see if I can get them to work...

21 - 40 of 53 Posts