Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Sunroof probably adds a good 50-75 lbs, 17" wheels add about 15-20 lbs as well. Keep it a low optioned car and it will reward you with better performance.

I saved 20 lbs swapping out the battery for a lighter group 81 unit. Comes off the load heavy front end and it performs flawlessly, with no electrical demand issues whatsoever - but I do not live in a cold climate so i will safely say it's a fair weather mod.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Don't order it with a sunroof for starters.
This. ;)

And what Zonker said on the battery would be a great start and easy to swap. Swap the seats out for one piece bucket seats and remove the backseats. Remove sound deadening and carpets. All depends on how much comfort you're willing to sacrifice. Hehe....

·
Registered
650 Posts
I don't believe I'll be able to bring myself to sacrifice the sunroof. It may not end up being the lightest Abarth out there (even after I swap out the heavier components), but at least I'll be able to enjoy some top-end sunlight on casual drives. ;)

Also, some other extremes you might consider to lose a few good pounds: Gutting out the interior panels, entire back seat area, and air conditioning unit.

·
Registered
16 Posts

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
rear seat removal is easy. But for the full weight saving benefit of losing the rear seat, one should remove the rear seat belts and tensioners, as well as rear airbags. those items alone are worth a good 50 lbs.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Weight saving is a compromise between cost, function and personal goal. I too would have given up the added weight of the sunroof but needed the head room.

Ordered the 16” rims as I think they go well with the car and planning on finding some light 17” rims to give me a better selection of summer tiers.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
How much weight if I remove the spare donut tire rig under the rear-end. my aaa card weighs less

Sent from my Argento 500

Now you're thinking! Spare tire and bracket/jack has to be worth a good 35 lbs.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
lmao!!!

Great now how do I get it all off?

Sent from my Argento 500
Really? Don't make me retract my thinking comment.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts