Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll start with my 13 Abarth has 9,3XX miles and no aftermarket electronics. So this has happened a few times that when driving around I go to roll up my window the headlights shut off momentarily until I let off the switch. It also keeps poping up "tire pressure monitoring system unavailable" and something like "electronic stability unavailable", but goes away after driving a bit. They happen randomly so hopefully I can get to the dealer in the morning. Has anyone experienced anything similar? Could it be a failing BCM? Thanks.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
22,119 Posts
I'll start with my 13 Abarth has 9,3XX miles and no aftermarket electronics. So this has happened a few times that when driving around I go to roll up my window the headlights shut off momentarily until I let off the switch. It also keeps poping up "tire pressure monitoring system unavailable" and something like "electronic stability unavailable", but goes away after driving a bit. They happen randomly so hopefully I can get to the dealer in the morning. Has anyone experienced anything similar? Could it be a failing BCM? Thanks.

Could be a flash/update resolves things (we can hope) but if not it certainly sounds like the computer isn't feeling well. Hope it gets resolved quickly and easily tomorrow.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,951 Posts

Was the dealer able to resolve?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They just called and can't reproduce the problem, but they are going to replace the bcm and have one on order. They didn't seem 100% sure so I'll hurry up and wait once more.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have a 2013 Abarth with the same "TPMS Unavailable" problem. Comes on and off seemingly with a mind of its own. It stays on until it resolves itself and this has been going on since around 3K miles. I should bring it in for service but honestly I don't trust the guys at my nearby studio to fix it and put it all back together properly. They tried to diagnose the problem last time by filling the tires up to the recommended PSI (which they were already at), overheard the tech mumble the PSI it needed to be and proceeded to show him the door jam to tell him the PSI's were at their proper levels (which I had leveled off myself). Then they said they would order a replacement part for the TPMS system and would call me when it came in.... its been 6-7 months now and no call.

Anyway, even more odd is that recently I got into my car after work, turned the car on and couldn't get my radio to turn on. It was just blank. My speakers / bluetooth still worked just no radio (AM/FM/CD/iPod). I stopped at a gas station, filled up, and when I started me car again everything was back to normal. I just chalk it up to my car having "soul".

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry for the delayed response, but they replaced the bcm and no headlight issues yet. As for the tpms stuff it seems to happen more often than not now, but I managed to get a video of it so I can prove my case when they tell me "we can't reproduce it".

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Went in for an oil change and showed them videos of the tpms unavailable and another of the esc unavailable/hill start assist unavailable. They replaced two tpms wheel sensors and ordered a yaw sensor that's under the center console. So when ever they get the sensor they will be painting my front bumper as well since I just noticed peeling around the emblem. Despite all that I'm still enjoying it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Did your TPMS unavailable problem ever go away when the switched out two of the sensors? I've been suffering from the problem of "TPMS Unavailable" since I bought the car basically. It's all very well documented on here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts