Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this message appear the other night when I stopped to fill up.

Follow me

In the 30's

Anyone seen anything like this?

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Saw this message appear the other night when I stopped to fill up.

Follow me

In the 30's

Anyone seen anything like this?
Yep! You apparently pulled on the turn signal stalk after you turned the car off. If you do that it will cause the 'Follow me' message and the headlights to stay on 30 seconds, hence the '30's' message (which will increment 30 each time you increase the lights on time). For each pull or lift of the stalk you get an additional 30 seconds of headlights on; I forget what the maximum is. Sort of like the headlight shutoff delay on high end or newer lower end cars but you have to manually program it each time before you exit the vehicle

Reactions: Deron

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Good to know. I saw the option in the brochure, but didn't know how it worked.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
didn't know this either. now I wonder how many of us that have read this went and out to their driveway/garage and tried it? :D

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
The 500 is coolest car on Earth. Surely this is further proof!

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Just tried it and the maximun amount of light stay on time is 210 seconds. A cool security/assistance feature.
Tried it and found the same, but you beat me to it as I got in later than usual, pretty cool but my lights don't help me since I don't point towards anything I need to see and I walk around the back side when I get out, still cool though.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Tried it last night, except I kept pulling the wiper fluid arm, lol.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I thought I was being car-texted by the 30-something year-old hottie in the 'Vette next to me...

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Did you get a msg too? "Wrong stalk dummy" comes to mind...lol. I actually cracked a smile reading that. :D
Lol, No I got the, "it's late, shouldn't you be in bed by now" message

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I thought I was being car-texted by the 30-something year-old hottie in the 'Vette next to me...
That would cause so many issues on a whole other level.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts