Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you ever notice how weird the passenger wiper blade arm is bent up ward. I was watching videos, of the European version of the Abarth 500. Their wipers arm are all straight on their cars. Both side. Wonder why the North American cars, have a strange arm shape?:confused:

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
When my mother saw it she commented on it as well, it does look rather odd. If you happen to hit up a drive through (touchless of course) car wash you notice the wiper creates an empty area at the bottom the water/cleaner doesn't reach, guess it'd be an excellent spot for a sticker if it is small enough to fit.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Have you ever notice how weird the passenger wiper blade arm is bent up ward.
I noticed that on my 500 right away....thought that was weird. but then over the weekend we took my wife Prius out of town for a wedding. oddly HER passenger wiper was bent the same way.

maybe its a new thing to make the drivers side as LONG as possible and to compensate on the right side, the arm has to be bent upwards?

just weird.....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
166 Posts
It always makes me think they maybe could have gotten away with one wiper by moving it a bit to the center and lengthening the blade, and mono-wipers have always been cool :cool::cool:

·
Registered
1,550 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
So has my wife. She's one of those who thinks everything in a car should be designed around the passenger (her). First rainstorm, she pointed out how badly the wipers were engineered because, as they come back on the return, the driver's wiper slings water back onto the passenger side of the windshield, obstructing her view for 1/10th of a second. Her comment: "Someone should have gotten fired for that."

She's a riot, my wife.

·
Registered
145 Posts
So has my wife. She's one of those who thinks everything in a car should be designed around the passenger (her). First rainstorm, she pointed out how badly the wipers were engineered because, as they come back on the return, the driver's wiper slings water back onto the passenger side of the windshield, obstructing her view for 1/10th of a second. Her comment: "Someone should have gotten fired for that."

She's a riot, my wife.
And everybody knows that the passenger's view should never be obstructed, even for 1/10th of a second.:D

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Done to conform to US regs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts