Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, new here. I have a question. I’ve got a 2016 500x easy that is getting bogged down between 45-50 MPH. No troubles otherwise. Just between 45-50 it will slow down and speed up without changing foot position.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Interesting. Is it the turbo model or the 2.4 N/A ill do some digging and see what i can come up with. My current guess would be a coil pack dying out but that is strictly a guess.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting. Is it the turbo model or the 2.4 N/A ill do some digging and see what i can come up with. My current guess would be a coil pack dying out but that is strictly a guess.
2.4 I’m suspecting the throttle positioning sensor, but it’s weird that the car only does this between 45-50 and at no other time. I’m also going to pull the battery terminal off in hopes to reset the computer.

·
Registered
118 Posts
If not the throttle position sensor its self there is a sensor on the gas pedal. That is also possible to have a weak or dead spot since there is no actual contact between the pedal and the Throttle Body. Its all done with computer signals.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So update: this issue only happens in 7th gear between 45-50 mph. It almost feels like the clutch is being tapped. It does not do it at the same speed in 8th or 6th. Just 7th gear and just between 45-50 mph. Taking it to a local import shop next week as the closest dealer is 100 miles away.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts