Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,

I recently purchased an Abarth 595 competizione,

With only 2000 km, my car is making some sort of a weird nose.

The following occurs only when the car is COMPLETELY COLD, and disappear the second it’s hot which bugs me even more.

When I turn on the car, and move in COLD START, if I make a full turn to the left or to the right and I slowly move, there is this weird sounds of friction, a friction of metal, like something is wrong with the steering. It is almost like I am dragging something.

however, few meters later the sound disappears and everything seems to work perfectly fine.

I really could not figure out where the probleme was coming from and the gravity of it

thank you in advance for all your replies,

cheers

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 500e (Billet Argento), 2015 VW Golf Sportwagen TSI 5MT (Tungsten Silver), 2002 Honda VFR
828 Posts
I have a 2017 500e does the same thing it sounds like my tires are rubbing the fender liners but it's not . Only does it at or near full lock it has a weird rubbing sound.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does it do it only when the car is cold, or whenever?
In my case, it occurs only when the car is completely cold

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Hello everyone,

I recently purchased an Abarth 595 competizione,

With only 2000 km, my car is making some sort of a weird nose.

The following occurs only when the car is COMPLETELY COLD, and disappear the second it’s hot which bugs me even more.

When I turn on the car, and move in COLD START, if I make a full turn to the left or to the right and I slowly move, there is this weird sounds of friction, a friction of metal, like something is wrong with the steering. It is almost like I am dragging something.

however, few meters later the sound disappears and everything seems to work perfectly fine.

I really could not figure out where the probleme was coming from and the gravity of it

thank you in advance for all your replies,

cheers
I have a 2017 500e does the same thing it sounds like my tires are rubbing the fender liners but it's not . Only does it at or near full lock it has a weird rubbing sound.
Please let us know via private message if you decide to have your dealer look into this. I would be happy to assist!

Alison
FiatCares

1 - 5 of 5 Posts