Fiat 500 Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,025 Posts
Ah... good! I think you bought your car in an intelligent manner. Eighteen thousand miles is a 'broken-in' new car. I ordered a dealer's first Abarth when I purchased and paid $27.5k for it. You interest rate is very low. Even with the nearly 100% car loan, I do not think you are 'upside down' on your loan to equity ratio, since the original owner(s) experienced >50% depreciation. Bon marche! Have fun. :)

My understanding is that credit scores are not impacted by multiple lending applications for cars or houses, because it is understood that you are only buying one -so it's kind of a remnant myth that applications injure our credit scores.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Well that is good news. Thanks for that information. And yes. It has been a long road for me researching about these cars. This forum is extremely helpful. I've spent the last 6 months reading on here and watching YouTube videos. I'm actually very happy with my deal I worked out as well. I have a list of mods I want. But I won't get into that until she's on my driveway. :)

·
Premium Member
3,025 Posts
Although not asked, I'll offer an opinion about modding anyway. :)

I did every mod I wanted as quickly as possible. The reasoning was that I wanted to enjoy the mods for as long as possible.

My "Garage" is not up to date, since I've added the Eurocompusion EuroDrive bench tune (giving up two previous piggyback ECU choices) and added a couple red paint accents, since updating my list of mods. Regarding the ECU mods, whatever is best is what I want. I'm now on my 2nd (and most current) release of EuroCompulsion's ECU program. It's awesome. 235+bhp at the wheels. :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Very cool. I honestly only want a eurocompulsion v2.(for the sound) Some sort of tuning box.(for the power) and a short throw adapter.(for the feel). That's all I really plan on doing. For now. Future upgrades I would probably lower the rear end to give the car a level look. And a couple scorpion and/or Italian stickers on the inside plastic dash. Being that I'm 100% Italian I need to represent. Even if it's built in Mexico. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I have to look into the eurocompulsion tune you speak of. Forgive me for my ignorance but is a bench tune an ecu reflash? Not a piggy back right? I really wanted to go with tork tune but it doesn't show it as available in the site anymore. I emailed a few times as well with no response so idk what happened to him. But being that I have 2 years on warranty I think I may want to go with a box for now. Still undecided.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Guys I just went and checked up on my car. She's perfect. Fresh inspection. E brake was nice and tight. And the steering was no longer clunking. He said the mechanic just lubed it. Whatever he did I'm super happy for now. If the problem comes back i have the warranty. Oh and I spent a little time with her. The beats audio sounds pretty good if you ask me. I can't wait to listen to it with my music through aux. And not the crappy fm. Oh and my side skirts are still intact!!! Lol. Getting insurance on it tonight. And accepting loan tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
22,119 Posts
I have to look into the eurocompulsion tune you speak of. Forgive me for my ignorance but is a bench tune an ecu reflash? Not a piggy back right? I really wanted to go with tork tune but it doesn't show it as available in the site anymore. I emailed a few times as well with no response so idk what happened to him. But being that I have 2 years on warranty I think I may want to go with a box for now. Still undecided.
Bench tune means pulling the ECU place it on a bench and physically open then mod or flash it.

The Euro offering mentioned here is done via the OBDII port on the left under the dash.

Piggyback is just a plug in modifier that is less capable than the actual tunes.

Tork is around and although some have and like the tunes it is not one of the most popular, Eurocompulsion with their EuroDrive is most often spoken about, then there are others such as OFT and RAW or RWM, something I cannot recall. Road Race has piggyback solutions many seem to like as well. Also another company that will complain so much I only mention them so I don't have to listen to them fuss so much if I don't include them... that'd be 500 Madness with whatever they are currently offering.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Bench tune means pulling the ECU place it on a bench and physically open then mod or flash it.

The Euro offering mentioned here is done via the OBDII port on the left under the dash.

Piggyback is just a plug in modifier that is less capable than the actual tunes.

Tork is around and although some have and like the tunes it is not one of the most popular, Eurocompulsion with their EuroDrive is most often spoken about, then there are others such as OFT and RAW or RWM, something I cannot recall. Road Race has piggyback solutions many seem to like as well. Also another company that will complain so much I only mention them so I don't have to listen to them fuss so much if I don't include them... that'd be 500 Madness with whatever they are currently offering.
Awesome info. Thank you. I was under the impression most people loved the tork tune. But after this info, and after reading about eurocompulsion, that tune sounds awesome. A little more money but might be worth it. And it seems you can keep your stock map too. If you put it back to stick would the dealer know when you go in for warranty work? Also tweak you don't seem to be to fond of the madness box? There's a local one on Craigslist that the guys been trying to sell for 500 for months. I offered him $350 he said ok. I was thinking going with that right off the bat for now. Or do you think I won't be happy with that?

·
Super Moderator
22,119 Posts
Those that have the Tork tune seem happy, please don't misunderstand me. I was only saying it is not as popular as other offerings.

As for Madness, their box is fine but I simply dislike their attitude as they like to complain about the smallest thing. I've been accused of voicing my opinion which might sway people from buying from them but little do they realize the way they handle things and have made such complaints has costed them more than I would ever have. Now I no longer recommended anything from them but I am still honest about the fact the unit they offer works and it is well liked.

To be clear and so Madness doesn't have another hissy fit it is common knowledge (not opinion) that a legit tune offers more than a piggyback solution.

As for warranty...it's a hit and miss situation. You can flash back to stock but what has been said is it MIGHT be possible the dealer finds the flash counter has increased and if they were tracking and looking hard enough be suspicious and maybe it could create an issue.

So I am not going to suggest one over another...heaven knows if I did that Madness would go all chicken little up in here.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Lol. You seem like an honest and cool guy tweak. I really appreciate it. I have a feeling you will be a big help throughout my time owning an abarth. Thanks again. I'll be posting some pictures of my new car today or tomorrow. Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
22,119 Posts
Lol. You seem like an honest and cool guy tweak. I really appreciate it. I have a feeling you will be a big help throughout my time owning an abarth. Thanks again. I'll be posting some pictures of my new car today or tomorrow. Cheers!
Thanks, I just like to help people when possible. Hope you enjoy your ride and look forward to seeing some pics sometime soon!

·
Premium Member
3,025 Posts
Barilla- I bought a Magnetti Marelli piggyback ecu (or ECM) from 500 Madness and loved it. It only threw CEL's a couple times.

RRM offered a TMC tuned ECU, so I bought that one, thinking it might be better. It was. After about 12-18 months, it began causing CEL's and limp mode, so I removed it and went back to stock.

Next was the UniChip piggyback ECU from eurocompulsion, which was better yet, until the wiring harness failed and it began to create CEL's and limp mode. So I pulled that and went back to stock. It became a ubiquitous problem so eurocompulsion discontinued sales of the UniChip. A friend of mine used to work with UniChip in South Africa. He owns a performance race car shop and is also a Crew Chief for Porsche Racing. With UniChip's help, he was still unable to sort-out the wiring harness fault.

Then I bought eurocompulsion's Euro-Drive ECU software program, which is tailored for your car based upon whatever other relevant mods you have. As Tweak said, you receive a mobile device from eurocompulsion that connects to the ODBII port and first download your car's ECU settings, which you then upload to eurocompulsion to receive a VIN-specific tune. (My perception is that the Euro-Drive is the best ECU program available.) No more CEL's for me. I recently received an email notification from eurocompulsion that informed me there was a new software update, which I downloaded at no additional charge. It amazes me that eurocompulsion does not charge annual maintenance or a subscription fee for a product they continue to develop and support.

500Madness and eurocompulsion have provided great service to me. I no longer do any business with RRM. -Brian

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Thank you for the info Brian. Between you and tweak I am convinced that the eurocompulsion euro drive is the best one out there. That will definitely be in my future upgrades. For now I am going to pick up the madness box from a local. Brand new never used for $250. I figure I'll use that for a few months. I should always be able to offload that for that price when I'm ready to get the Euro drive. This guy also has a light weight pulley, exhaust and go pedal. I'm contemplating if I want anything else when I go.

·
Registered
2 Posts
All companies service the car, regardless of whether it is bought or leased. I have never heard of such a classification. I bought a Range Rover a couple of months ago after I received a £ 21,000 loan from https://foxycredit.com/fi/ferratum-laina and I had no problems with the service. My car was serviced both in the official service center and in other centers and the price was also. So do not worry about this.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts