Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I recieved a call today, six days before my car was to be delivered, that they had some bad news. Apparently my car was damaged while being delivered, so they sent it back before it got put on the truck to the dealership.
They did however have a fully loaded sport with a sunroof (I wanted loaded without sunroof) in stock. So determined not to wait untill they could track down another without a sunroof I took the one that was in stock for a test drive. A long test drive. 10 miles... haha

So, truthfully, I like the sunroof. I was just trying to save myself a grand and avoid future sunroof problems. So I bought the one in stock and love it. The dealership couldn't give me $ off the car itself, but ohh boy did I get extras thrown in. Quite satisfied with my little Azzurro Sport. Love it. Can't wait to get out of work to drive it some more.

I had actually taken the day off that I was supposed to get mine delivered. :D

Anyone have any idea what a extra key costs?

·
Registered
433 Posts
I tried talking myself out of a sunroof because all the dealers around here optioned them with the convenience package + satellite radio. Manual trans 500s don't get heated seats with the convenience package and I can live without satellite radio... not to mention finding 5 speed Sports in the color / interior combo I wanted was hard enough!

either way, grats on your purchase and enjoy your sunroof.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
sorry to hear about your ordered car getting damaged. BUT CONGRATS on you new Azzurro! :D

as for the price of another key? the 'keyblank with transmitter' has a List Price of $147.00. I would imagine since the description is 'blank' that you'll need to have your dealer cut the key for you and have it programmed to you car, both of which may be an additional charge and can vary dealer to dealer.

good luck with your new 500! :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
NOOOOOOOO!!! That's terrible. I would have cried. You will love the sunroof though... everyone told me not to purchase one with a sunroof (I am 6`3) but with my typical seating position, my spiky hair does not brush the headliner. I'm going to assume that most of the complaints regarding headroom with a sunroof seem to stem from those who have a very upright seating position. Good luck and enjoy the car!!

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
NOOOOOOOO!!! That's terrible. I would have cried. You will love the sunroof though... everyone told me not to purchase one with a sunroof (I am 6`3) but with my typical seating position, my spiky hair does not brush the headliner. I'm going to assume that most of the complaints regarding headroom with a sunroof seem to stem from those who have a very upright seating position. Good luck and enjoy the car!!
Some may not realize at first the fairly good travel in the height adjustment offered as well, really helps make the seating position comfy, just wish the steering wheel was telescopic sometimes.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Lucky for me, headroom clearance is not a issue.
I ask about the price of the key because Mine came with 2 and I negotiated a third key into my deal as a spare.
As far as cutting and programing being extra, my dealer said they don't even have the key cutter, and it has to be cut when they order it from the factory, then your car gets programed to it when they recieve it.

Ohh and after my second day and over 200 miles, I love my car!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts