Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have only a few complaints about the car (which I'm, overall, in love with)...

- I find it annoying that I have to press the "Sport" and Fog light buttons every time I turn the car on... Wish there was a setting that could leave the default to how I prefer it.

- Pulling the passenger seat forward to let my daughter in the back seat seems like it takes a lot of muscle.

Maybe if there is enough consensus about the perceived "flaws", we can either a) Get FIAT to fix or b) Get an aftermarket company to pay attention to our needs

·
Registered
196 Posts
The Sport button thing isn't going to happen. I've been pressing the same button on my BMW for 4 years. People need to accept that, and blame the US government, not Fiat.

By this weekend, I'll have logged 3000 miles in the car in a month of ownership. I wish it sat a couple of inches lower and had slightly wider tires, but that's typical of car enthusiasts so I'll let it slide. My sole annoyance is how they're handling options across the models. If someone wants heated seats in a Sport or leather seats in a Pop or a Sport Cabrio, they should be able to get them. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the restrictions.

·
Registered
225 Posts
The Sport button thing isn't going to happen. I've been pressing the same button on my BMW for 4 years. People need to accept that, and blame the US government, not Fiat.

By this weekend, I'll have logged 3000 miles in the car in a month of ownership. I wish it sat a couple of inches lower and had slightly wider tires, but that's typical of car enthusiasts so I'll let it slide. My sole annoyance is how they're handling options across the models. If someone wants heated seats in a Sport or leather seats in a Pop or a Sport Cabrio, they should be able to get them. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the restrictions.
+1 ... not sharing options is not only stupid but it's leaving money on the table... which they could certainly use... oh, and a manual on the Lounge, and a Cabrio Sport. Also, what makes FIAT think that someone with a manual does NOT want heated seats?

·
Registered
341 Posts
I wish it sat a couple of inches lower and had slightly wider tires, but that's typical of car enthusiasts so I'll let it slide.
Even people with Corvettes and Porsche 911 GT3's, which have some of the widest tires on the planet, think their cars are low enough, and the tires aren't wide enough.

Even if the FIAT 500 was riding on the same tires that huge Cranes use on their front wheels, someone on this forum would want to go wider. People are stupid, I think.

BC.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
What annoys me the most is that even in a 101 horsepower car - I still get held up by every jackass in the world that refuses to press that little thing we call the accelerator when a light turns green. As a matter of fact - the same was true years ago when I would drive my 38 horsepower Fiat 850 Sedan. HIT THE EFFING GAS PEDAL YOU MORONS!!!!

Shew! I wish that made me feel better. But I'll be dealing with it again the second I leave the house. :-/

·
Registered
196 Posts
Even people with Corvettes and Porsche 911 GT3's, which have some of the widest tires on the planet, think their cars are low enough, and the tires aren't wide enough... People are stupid, I think.
Actually, it's similar to the Sport button issue; tire widths are usually dictated by DOT regs, how they impact fuel economy or costs, ride heights are dictated by impact standards (which is why EU cars are a couple centimeters lower). No manufacturer is allowed to decide what the optimal configuration for performance is and release the car just like that.

So they get the car through the approval system, the buyers get it, and then they tweak it back to what the design was supposed to be like originally. BMW's going all out with this - they release their cars neutered, then sell buyers a factory performance upgrade to up the power (and reduce fuel economy), and the EPA can't say boo since it's an "aftermarket upgrade" and we aren't legislating those (yet).

·
Registered
71 Posts
-Dealership network being tied in with Dodge.

-Need some more bold/funky/bright colors than what's currently offered...How about a equivalent to Porsche's "Riviera/Turquoise/Mexico Blue" or Lotus' "Krypton Green", for starters!

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
-Dealership network being tied in with Dodge.

-Need some more bold/funky/bright colors than what's currently offered...How about a equivalent to Porsche's "Riviera/Turquoise/Mexico Blue" or Lotus' "Krypton Green", for starters!
Love my Grigio - but I agree. They need more colors that POP! How about a yellow that doesnt look like pee? Maybe a retro green? Something!

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Sits too high. Lacks power. Lacks auto headlights. Improved intermittent wipers. Lacks keyless entry and start. Wider tires would be a nice option. Lighter 17in rims would be a nice option to start with. Improved stereo system although I like the Bose fairly well. Non-invasive amp for stereo in cargo area. Improved center console area. Lower seating allowing slightly lower overall dimensions with a bit more width for a more squatted aggressive look. I really like the car don't get me wrong but I can always find ways to improve things, these are what come to mind but I am sure there are more I cannot recall.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
- No volume knob. The buttons are cumbersome.
- No central lock button or trunk release. If you don't unlock all the doors at first, you'll have to turn the car off to unlock the trunk when unloading. It's a HUGE pain in the ***.
- Having to turn the fogs on each time.
- Sometimes reverse is hard to engage so I always quickly put it in 3rd then reverse.

·
Registered
765 Posts
This is a simple one....NO FLIPPING TRUNK LIGHT I mean REALLY!

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
it has a trunk light, its on the drivers side, its just not that good. I love my car, one thing that surprised me is, no glove box light! Really? The car also does have intermittent wipers just not adjustable speeds.

·
Registered
289 Posts
-Need some more bold/funky/bright colors than what's currently offered...How about a equivalent to Porsche's "Riviera/Turquoise/Mexico Blue" or Lotus' "Krypton Green", for starters![/QUOTE]

14 colors is not enough? And none of them are beige. Everyone's a critic.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
More wiper speeds. The rear in particular. Of course more HP (always!). Better quality interior plastic, glove box light, and sunvisors large enough (or extendable) so when the sun comes in sideways you can block it.
But there are all nitpicks. I love my 500.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Agree on the rear wiper - it needs an intermittant function. It's much too fast for any rain I've experienced - might be usefull you're is being chased by a fire truck thats hosing the rear of your car as you go down the highway. It just doesn't get wet enough fast enough back there to warrant the speed it wipes. I predict that wiper blade wearing pretty quickly just from wiping across dry glass repeadedly.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
It's perfect!

For 15.5K this car is perfect. I've read everyone Else's responses. Buy a more expensive car!

What annoys me? Posts asking what annoys me

·
Registered
13,463 Posts
Just where the location of the Tom tom Navigation, is on the dash board. Move it towards the center more.

For 21 grand, this car is fantastic.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts