Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2013 Fiat Abarth (with only 14k miles!) that the previous owner put LED headlights in.

One of them blew, and when I pulled it out I got this instead of the expected bulb.

I've gone to a few auto parts stores to try to find a replacement, and they've never seen anything like it. Note that it doesn't have the standard Fiat 500 headlight base, it uses the two prongs in the cylinder part of the bulb to twist in and lock.

Where can I get a replacement bulb like this, and any idea how my otherwise normal looking Abarth headlights ended up with bulb sockets like this?

Hand Skeet shooting Gesture Air gun Shotgun

· Registered
1,170 Posts
Someone replaced the stock headlight bulb with an aftermarket replacement. Try a search on amazon, or photo search to find out what brand it is so you can get new. Or...just buy original style bulbs.

· Registered
14,435 Posts
Looks like some kind of aftermarket LED. Here you go……

$$$$$$! I would just replace both of them with halogen incandescent OEM lamps.

That number, is the OEM part number of the Fiat head lamp housing. Has nothing to do
with the LED light!

FOOHTC101901 12.0 V

Automotive tire Bumper Motor vehicle Gas Cable

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's definitely the manufacturer - I'm not surprised they are expensive, someone $loved$ this car before we got it.

But the ones you link to have the Fiat 500 tabs to lock it in place, but look at the photo of my bulbs, they use two pins. Or am I just failing to take some adapter piece out?

· Registered
Nor-Cal PRK
202 Posts
@daveola

Review Post #37 (and following posts by me) of the following linked thread.

NOTE: You will need to join that forum in order to see the high resolution pictures.

The LED bulbs that you currently have are a GREAT improvement over the factory incandescent bulbs. BUT your LED's have been superseded with a competitor's better design that is also "clockable" - so that in effect - they can be focused.

In short, in a FIat 500 application, you need a "clockable" LED bulb so as to be able to adjust/tune the headlight beam pattern.

Whatever you do, don't switch back to the factory 20th century technology - i.e. incandescent bulbs. Since you already have LED's, you will not be satisfied with what you wind up with! It's akin to trading in your 21st century OLED TV and going back in time and replacing it with a 20th century Cathode Ray Tube TV.

Today's LED's lights are better in every way - when given the proper Quality Control, they will outlast, be much more focused, and offer a true white light with less scatter than an incandescent - thus giving you a further night vision distance which offers much more safety and security.

Hope that helps

LINK: Who here has upgraded their headlights to LED? - Page 4

· Registered
14,435 Posts
Here’s another source for LED automotive lighting. I purchased LED’s from them
in the past. The headlamps high/low, are going to run you around 200 bucks.
Compared to Carid’s $140 ones. You really need to replace them in pairs.
If you can afford those prices, for superior illumination.

P.S. Can you contact the previous owner. For we’re they purchased the LED headlamps?

· Registered
Nor-Cal PRK
202 Posts
@daveola

Linked below are the proper, clockable LED Headlights designed for the 500 application "Auxito 9012/HIR2"

They are utilized by myself in the beforementioned link (Post #6 of this thread), as well as and many other knowledgeable 500 owners on both forums, as well as in the Amazon reviews.

They fit like a glove right within the stock 500 headlight housing assembly, unlike other offerings, there is no need to externally mount a ballast pack, and they hook up to the stock wiring harness. Plug and play all the way!

LED's have come a LONG WAY and they surprised me as they outperform the Madness 500 HID (high intensity discharge) headlights that my 500 was equipped with from the original owner.

$60 with 12% off ($8.64) for a Grand Total of $51.36

https://www.amazon.com/Headlight-Bulbs-CanBus-AUXITO-Conversion/dp/B07WYL1P47

Additionally - here's a test on them - spoiler alert, they're BEST in test - no need to compromise on Quality & Safety 😎

Reactions: smark

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I figured out the issue!

The problem was that there is an adapter, and the adapter was getting stuck, so turning and pulling out the bulb was leaving the adapter stuck in the headlight. I was finally able to get the adapter out after slicing my finger open, so goes the price of owning a Fiat.

· Registered
1,170 Posts
I figured out the issue!

The problem was that there is an adapter, and the adapter was getting stuck, so turning and pulling out the bulb was leaving the adapter stuck in the headlight. I was finally able to get the adapter out after slicing my finger open, so goes the price of owning a Fiat.
Or any other car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts