Fiat 500 Forum banner

which oil do you prefer or currently use?

• Castrol(north american version)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Royal Purple

• Others

• Total voters
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've taken my cars to the track on a few occasions and i drive it hard regularly also. from my experience my engine also performed at its best when i had either castrol syntec(the german version) or motul 300v. other brands i've used also are mobil 1, amsoil, and royal purple. while all of them are pretty good one of my previous engines had a bad case of lifter tick and also had a slight knock to it. out of all the oils castrol and motul relieved the problems completely.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I used to use nothing but royal purple on my cars til i saw a used oil analysis on them. Turns out the reason I was experiencing extra power and smoother response is because the oil is a lot thinner than what it says in the bottle. Meaning less protection for my engine. Now i just use the german version of Castrol. its really hard to find but well worth it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
im a hardcore motul guy. i know its expensive but my car runs so much smoother on motul 300v. plus the occasional lapping day and drag race justifies me paying that little bit of extra. hahaha.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I've always used amsoil. They're pretty good plus they're not too expensive. Can't say I've tried any of those other brands. Never had a problem with amsoil so never needed to switch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts