Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you know what the average price of car insurance is in the U.S? Want to know what determines your car insurance prices, and what factors go into the calculation of those premiums? We've put together this helpful infographic to help you better understand what exactly you're paying for and how your car insurer views you. Looking at this infographic, a person can quickly see how their car insurance price is calculated and what factors make up the biggest portions of the price.

Click this bar to view the full image.

Follow the Link to see a full size image chart, in percentages, of which factors way the most, ad etc

What Determines My Car Insurance Rates Infographic - What is The Average Price of Car Insurance?

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
I would imagine there are so many factors to consider, it's hard to say for certain if a 500 will be cheaper, for instance, than a Mini.

this week I got a reply to my inquiry as to how insurance, keeping all the same coverages, for the 500 compared to my current Charger 3.5L. I was pleasantly surprised.

the premium for a NEW 500 Sport will be about 10% LESS than my 3 year old Dodge.....go figure. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
My insurance payments on my 500 are almost half of my Volvo's. Then again it's only 1/3 the power.:p

·
Registered
3 Posts
Atleast one thing is for sure, no matter what your car model is, if you have a clean driving record and no claims in your history, you will get significantly lower rates on your than otherwise.

·
Super Moderator
1,385 Posts
I added insurance for my Pop at $418/year. The policy provides $250 deductible for collision and zero deductible for all else. If you are a younger person, you better have a clean record. That's a fairly simple calculation. I don't think a complicated chart will help much, because the choices are simple: 1) You probably can't buy a car that would be cheaper to insure than a Fiat, it is considered an economy car. 2) You could only lower your rates by buying an older car and not getting collision coverage. 3) You could not own a car at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts