Fiat 500 Forum banner

1741 - 1760 of 1798 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Dropped my Hyperwhites off at the powder coaters to be transformed into "Hyperbronze". Should turn out like this:

Attachments

·
Registered
12,573 Posts
Dropped my Hyperwhites off at the powder coaters to be transformed into "Hyperbronze". Should turn out like this:
The deep bronze should look really nice. The 70’s cars had wheels. Painted bright gold, like my new 78 Trans Am had. Honeycone specials.

White wheel always remind me of these, on this death trap. Pictures below.

The Abarth white alloys look great on all white ones. Really nice on the red Abarths.

·
Banned
4,743 Posts
The deep bronze should look really nice. The 70’s cars had wheels. Painted bright gold, like my new 78 Trans Am had. Honeycone specials.

White wheel always remind me of these, on this death trap. Pictures below.

The Abarth white alloys look great on all white ones. Really nice on the red Abarths.

You will be severely punished for calling the Suzuki Samurai a "death trap".

The Consumer Review security squad is on their way right now!

tEdolph

·
Registered
224 Posts
They where Hyperblack originally, I stripped them and painted them white with the Abarth lettering filled in red. I have run them that way for a little over a year and the paint hasn't held up. So decided to powdercoat them and change the color up while I'm at it. Think gold and white are the two cool colors to pair with blue.Wanted to go with a bronze hat was dark enough that it was immediately noticeable, but looked cool once you look closely.

Attachments

·
Registered
224 Posts
Picked up freshly my powder coated wheels. Official color is Bronze Chrome.

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Well, I ordered red metal abarth logo tire valve caps; my first dress-up item since picking up the car last Friday. Gonna drive up to Nixa later on via the back routes (20 some miles) to get bird seed. :) This car is fun to drive!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I got the tire valve caps and put them on today. Cold and blustery snow, I tried to get the pics as clear as I could!

Covers 2.jpg

Covers 4 - Copy.JPG

Covers 3 - Copy.JPG

I found these on Amazon and they came from the U.K.

·
Registered
12,573 Posts
I got the tire valve caps and put them on today. Cold and blustery snow, I tried to get the pics as clear as I could!

View attachment 99665

View attachment 99673

View attachment 99681

I found these on Amazon and they came from the U.K.
Be really careful with these aftermarket caps. Some of them over time can seize on. Where you can’t remove them. Basically having to cut them off. Ruining the stem and TPM sensor. I would personally ever once in a while. Unscrew them, then screw the back on. The two different metals can cause the seizure. Water salt gets in them.

Look up seized valve stem caps, on Google.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Be really careful with these aftermarket caps. Some of them over time can seize on. Where you can’t remove them. Basically having to cut them off. Ruining the stem and TPM sensor. I would personally ever once in a while. Unscrew them, then screw the back on. The two different metals can cause the seizure. Water salt gets in them.

Look up seized valve stem caps, on Google.
Wow I did and learned something important. Never knew this could happen. Well I'll use the caps occasionally for pics but will use the plastic ones regularly. Thank you for the info!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Ive never understood why they don't have a skirt on them to cover the entire valve stem like the stock plastic caps do. I bought some Fiat logo aluminum valve stem caps from 500 Madness and they look like an afterthought.

·
Banned
4,743 Posts
Ive never understood why they don't have a skirt on them to cover the entire valve stem like the stock plastic caps do. I bought some Fiat logo aluminum valve stem caps from 500 Madness and they look like an afterthought.

The colored emblem on mine faded (very quickly). Sort of disappointed.

Tedolpjh

·
Registered
224 Posts
The colored emblem on mine faded (very quickly). Sort of disappointed.

Tedolpjh
All 4 of my aluminum caps from 500 Madness faded from black to a tan color in under a week. Bought a second set due to a tire shop snatching a few and they faded in a week also.

1741 - 1760 of 1798 Posts