Fiat 500 Forum banner

1781 - 1798 of 1798 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
All finished, including the hood spear and bumper overriders. (i live in the country where I’m constantly menaced by pickup trucks. I thought they’d be a good idea but the rear one rattles and on the whole I wish I hadn't. But at least it’s unique.)

6F235678-68EB-4CEE-939B-BD58BFB439BD.jpeg

C82544D3-FFA3-406F-800F-B42E7600400C.jpeg

·
Registered
69 Posts
New to the forum. Bought this 2012 Pop to use as a tow vehicle behind my RV. Actually, my girlfriend bought it because the color went well with the RV and it is “cute” lol.

Anyway, its fun like a go kart. Reminds me of my 1978 Honda Civic CVCC 5 Speed. For those too young to know, the 5 Speed was a different car than the 4 speed in that it had houndstooth cloth seat inserts and a wood (appearing) steering wheel. I loved that car. The Fiat reminds me of it. It gives the impression of being sporty.

Washed, clay barred & waxed her. Had to buy new tires. Stock (I think) Kumho 185/55x16’s. Found it had two different sized tires: 185’s and 195’s with the 195’s on the front! Plus one front was balding, one rear had a large screw in it! Can anyone tell me if these 16” rims came stock on some 2012 Pops - the door sticker says 15’s.

Also, of course I wish she’d bought an Abarth but that’s water under the bridge, can I put an eBay sourced Abarth rear roof wing on it easily? Thanks everyone/anyone.

185/55 is right - for 15" wheels - 16" needs 195/45. It will change your gearing by 0,45% down - not much but the car can feel slightly quicker - and slightly thirstier ;o)

·
Registered
213 Posts
I replaced the Accelerator Pedal on my 2012 Pop. Unfortunately 🏽 not done before son used the car for his driving test.
Instant stall on takeoff. Foot off pedal and back on instantly and you are fine.
Anyhow, the problem is non-existent now. I believe it was four screws then Plug n Play.
Yep, 🤦‍♂️ he has to retest.
IMG_6241.PNG

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hello everyone 🙂 I have a 2014 Fiat 500 Turbo. I've been doing small mods here and there since I bought my car last year! I changed the original air filter to a cold air intake setup. Added a small air filter where the other end connected to. Bought different tires for it. Pretty good tires for the price I got them. Installed a HKS blow off valve. Forgot to take a picture of that. Its underneath the battery. Removed the other antenna it had and put a shark fin. I think it gives it a clean look. Goes good with the lettering on the tires. Has a turbo timer. I also put the boost gauge on there. The other empty hole is for my oil temp gauge that I've been lazy to install lol. We'll save that for another day 😃 I also changed the badging and put some Abarth ones. Looks way better! 👍 It also has white HID but sadly you cant really tell during the day. But at night they look really nice an bright.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Let's see, today on my 2012 Sport I spent the afternoon taking the hatch panel off so I could manually open the hatch. It wouldn't open using key fob. Then opened the wiring cover and discovered that I had about 7 wires that were broken or almost broken. After repairing them, the hatch works great along with the rear wiper that hasn't worked since I bought the car over a year ago.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Friday I took out an insurance policy on my Ivory Leather cover steering wheel. Cost me a whole $1.00 at the Dollar store for a cheap steering wheel cover. Don't trust the mechanics at the dealership when they change the oil.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Is this legal or are you hoping for the best? I love the idea if we can get away with it
I did this to my Mercedes in 2015. A week later I had a buddy of mine who is PD in Va Beach look at it. He said, after staring at for about a minute..."I can NOT think of a rule you broke, in VA. You can't get a ticket for this"

And it's been that way since 2015.

YMMV

·
Registered
691 Posts
I love that look. It's a shame Oregon puts the stickers on the bottom of the plate or I'd do the same.

In our state, legally, about half the license plate frames installed are in violation.

1781 - 1798 of 1798 Posts