Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
theres no car that was made perfect. as much as we all love our current cars theres at least one thing that we dont like about it. what is that thing and why dont you like it?

with mine, i hate that its an automatic and was never available in manual.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Driver's side blind spot

The blind spot is quite worrisome, and the little convex spotter sliver in the outer mirror just doesn't solve the problem.
It is too reducing -- hard to switch focus from the flat mirror to the convex sliver -- cars in the blind spot are just way
too small to be seen at a glance.

FIAT needs to come up with a better solution, because this is the major safety issue with this car (which otherwise we
completely love -- it's a terrific city car).

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Hate the interior door scratches so easy! Looks like I locked my Cat in the car for 3 days!!!

Sent from my Argento 500
This, except in my case it's my wifes nails.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I don't like the handle thingy on the top of the seats to fold the seat forward, it's stiff and every time it feels like its going to break. As well as lack of seat height adjustment, the cheesy one they have barely seems to make a difference, also wish you could adjust the steering wheel more.

·
Registered
12,614 Posts
Blind spot, no seat height adjuster on the passenger side of the car (sunroof model). Sunroof makes a lot of wind noise compared to other vehicles, I've owned.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The blind spot is the biggest drawback for me so far, I've never been the type to use my sideview mirrors but I'm adjusting. I do have that window rattle but the only reason I still have window rattle is my lazy butt hasn't taken the car back to the studio to get the TSB fix they've put out for it. Aside from that I'm very pleased!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I actually thought the blind spot was join to be a big issue, and I do hate thay all I see when I look over my left shoulder is the B pillar, but the car is so short that with properly adjusted mirrors, there is no blind spot. I just have to get my head to realize that.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I don't like the handle thingy on the top of the seats to fold the seat forward, it's stiff and every time it feels like its going to break. As well as lack of seat height adjustment, the cheesy one they have barely seems to make a difference, also wish you could adjust the steering wheel more.
When I went to a Fiat studio, the handle on the passenger seat of a pre-owned 500 was broken. It felt like the cable that the handle pulls is loose. It was still taught to some degree. Maybe some adjuster or whatever holds it just loosened up from a hard pull.

·
Registered
312 Posts
1) armrest
2) blind spot mirror
3) throttle lag (to be fixed very soon)

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hi,

To date, I don't think that there is anything that I hate. I do kind of wish that the sun visors were a bit different, because they seem a little small when I swing them to the side, and don't always block so well. But that's not a huge deal to me yet.

As far as the "blind spot" I've found (as others have noted above) that if I adjust the mirrors and take care loking over my shoulder I don't seem to have any real problems.

Other than that, as far as the armrest goes, I find that I just don't really use it, so its not really a big deal to me either. :)

Pat

·
Registered
582 Posts
It would be nice if the rear seats layed flat when folded down, that would be my only gripe.

If you're having a problem with a "blind spot" then your mirrors are not adjusted correctly. I've never driven a car that I had to look over my shoulder and I drove an RX-8 for 7 years which was apparently one of the worst for "blind spots". If you're uncomfortable using the mirrors that's one thing, but this car doesn't have a blind spot.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I don't like that the early production model sport seats aren't anywhere near as comfortable as the later models.
I hate the dealership, but I guess that's normal. And I refuse to call it a "Studio."

·
Registered
426 Posts
1. I'd have to say my biggest gripe is with the enough-already! seatbelt chime. I wear my seatbelt when driving, of course, but there are so many situations where a seatbelt just isn't neccessary. Driving up the driveway after getting out for the mail, and driving around the building at work to unlock a series of gates are two daily events for me that don't really warrant the seatbelt.

2. The two-quick-presses-of the-keyfob trick to silence the alarm when locking the car. Sometimes it works. And sometimes it doesn't work. Still trying to figure that one out.

3. Wish the car would stay in Sport-mode between drives. It should stay in whatever mode I want until I press the Sport button again, just like the radio stays on whatever station I last selected.

All minor gripes, really, when compared to how much I like the car...

·
Registered
12,614 Posts
What different about the sport seats. New and old feel the same to me.

I forgot about the rear seats folding flat. That why we have a Honda Fit too.:)

1 - 20 of 177 Posts