Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I placed an order and deposit on an Abarth last Friday. They told me before I ordered it that I probably wouldn't get the car until April/May. When I did order it they said they would see if the Fiat rep would let them enter the order that day.

So, I got an email from the salesman the next day saying "...our FIAT rep allowed us to put the order in. So we can wait and see if it is picked up as part of the allocation." I sent an email back asking what that meant, but have not gotten a response yet. Does anyone have any insight into what that means? I assume that each dealer is allowed a certain allocation, but I thought that is controlled by the rep and that once the order is placed it was past the allocation process.

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I know my dealer has 15 allocated to them, so you will probably get one of those.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
its dealer speak for you are lucky that we even took your deposit and should be grateful we even are allowing you to buy this car which we know we can get even more money for if it were to sit on our lot with a heavy markup over MSRP.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its dealer speak for you are lucky that we even took your deposit and should be grateful we even are allowing you to buy this car which we know we can get even more money for if it were to sit on our lot with a heavy markup over MSRP.
Zonker, that's exactly what the dealer said in his email today. Not really, but I bet that's what he's wanting to say. I actually still haven't heard from the dealer. I guess he's got my money, now he doesn't have to work for my business. Nice that I can walk half a block and ask him in person.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I placed an order and deposit on an Abarth last Friday. They told me before I ordered it that I probably wouldn't get the car until April/May. When I did order it they said they would see if the Fiat rep would let them enter the order that day.

So, I got an email from the salesman the next day saying "...our FIAT rep allowed us to put the order in. So we can wait and see if it is picked up as part of the allocation." I sent an email back asking what that meant, but have not gotten a response yet. Does anyone have any insight into what that means? I assume that each dealer is allowed a certain allocation, but I thought that is controlled by the rep and that once the order is placed it was past the allocation process.

Thanks,
David
davidjon_99: Congratulations on your order! If the studio has provided the VON (vehicle order number) to you, I would be glad to access or vehicle ordering system and check on the eta of your order; just send me a PM. A typical order takes 4-16 weeks.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Jonathan,

I talked with the sales rep today (as I test drove a 500 Sport) and he explained that I should get a VON in the next week or so. He's checking the system regularly and will let me know as soon as the VON is created.

All joking aside, the people at the studio have been great to work with. So far this has been one of the most pleasurable car buying experiences I've had.

David

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
David:

Great to hear! Buying a new car should be exciting :) When you get the VON let me know and I will let you know when u should be seen driving it down the road with a smile.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts