Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife of 11 years HATES the 500.

She doesnt like the look, doesent like the feel of driving it. Feels it is too small, and generally grumbles about owning the car. She really hates that I traded in my mercedes for the 500.
At the dealer when I purchased the 500 she thought I was joking. told me it was my car and i could get it if I wanted. so I did :p. I love the car to death. Would have got an abarth if it was out when I got the sport. Having said that I really do love the sport.

what do your Significant Others think? and do you care?

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Well for starters, you should have divorced her,lol. Grumbles over the car, or grumbles over everything? There is a difference.
We traded our Volvo S60 2.5t AWD for this car. She definitely likes speed and was worried about the difference in power. Size was never a factor. At first she was deathly afraid to get on the highway. So I started the mods. Body roll? Springs. Acceleration? RRM timing box. Still not enough? Intake, then a week later, exhaust. I think she's confident with the car and brags about who she passes or keeps up with. So I'd say she is the opposite of a grumbler.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Well for starters, you should have divorced her,lol. Grumbles over the car, or grumbles over everything? There is a difference.
We traded our Volvo S60 2.5t AWD for this car. She definitely likes speed and was worried about the difference in power. Size was never a factor. At first she was deathly afraid to get on the highway. So I started the mods. Body roll? Springs. Acceleration? RRM timing box. Still not enough? Intake, then a week later, exhaust. I think she's confident with the car and brags about who she passes or keeps up with. So I'd say she is the opposite of a grumbler.
Your wife is lucky that she has a husband would was willing to modify the car to get rid of the body roll, the lack of acceleration, then put in the intake, then exhaust.

(I wish I had a sugar daddy.)

I know you're taken already, LoRvar, so I won't ask for the fifth time.

Ibarth, Ubarth!

·
Registered
588 Posts
My wife of 11 years HATES the 500.

She doesnt like the look, doesent like the feel of driving it. Feels it is too small, and generally grumbles about owning the car. She really hates that I traded in my mercedes for the 500.
At the dealer when I purchased the 500 she thought I was joking. told me it was my car and i could get it if I wanted. so I did :p. I love the car to death. Would have got an abarth if it was out when I got the sport. Having said that I really do love the sport.

what do your Significant Others think? and do you care?
Really?! Wow! I had some serious buyer's remorse right after I purchased it, but I have to say that all doubts have been erased and I love it more now than I did when I bought it.

To each her own.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Loves it. :) She can't wait for me to get my hands on an Abarth because she knows how passionate I am about the car.

She currently drives a SMART at home and has played around with the idea of looking into this version for herself when she graduates college:

She thinks it's "cute". :cool:

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
My wife loves it and she is VERY picky. Now, if she had her way and unlimited budget, she'd get a MB.
But, she wishes my 500 was an automatic so she could drive it.

·
Registered
962 Posts
My girlfriend loves it. She wants the Abarth. I traded in a 2010 Kia Koup an while the Koup was a very cool car and drove really well, the truth is I just didn't even want to wash it anymore. And when Mikey looses the passion to wash his car...it's time for a change.

·
Registered
83 Posts
He loves it. I would have already been in a Sport by now, but he was the one who told me about the Abarth. After some lengthy reviewing, I was hooked. Now he calls me obsessed. :)

Of course, I'm just REALLY happy that he has no clue how to drive a standard. That means that this car is all mine.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Now, I've heard two things about the heated seats. I heard that Abarths constructed after March 2012 will have that option, but I heard that it's an aftermarket deal.

I know that my dealer/studio has no clue, as he didn't even know that Red/Black leather seats were an option. Also, the "reps" at the car show had no clue either. I was checking out the Abarth they had there, and asking her about specs - deer in headlights look. Guess she wasn't expecting a female to know her stuff!

·
Registered
40 Posts
He likes it as much as I do! In fact, he drives it even more frequently than I do since I work at home and it's a lot more economical for him to drive the 500 than his Ford F150 truck. I know he was really thrilled that he doesn't have to drive the orange VW bug anymore :)

·
Registered
582 Posts
My wife loved it since the first time we saw it at the dealership and even though I wanted a black one she insisted I get the Rosso Brillante. Since it was mine I chose every option but picked the Rosso to make her happy. Four months later she decided she wanted one too so we traded in her SUV but she was disappointed that I had the Rosso since it was the color she wanted in the first place. She ended up getting the Pearl white which she really likes (not as much as the Rosso) but now I'm selling mine to get the Abarth in black. If the Abarth was available in Rosso Brillante I would definitely get it as the color has really grown on me.

As a side note, we have a friend that comes over VERY often for an espresso and he picked up a silver Sport shortly after my wife got her Lounge. On most days you'll see three 500's lined up on our driveway and everybody that walks or drives by looks at them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My husband was not so thrilled when I first started talking about getting the 500. He wanted me to get something more practical like an Elantra. After test driving the Elantra, Veloster, and the 500, there was no doubt in my mind. We got the Sport in Jan. and it is car we drive the most on weekends and it's usually my husband doing the driving..;) I get to drive it all week and love it!

·
Registered
341 Posts
My honey absolutely loves the Blue Sport we have.
Well, okay, I admit it, its hers.
On the weekends, she lets me drive us places, like to the other car dealerships, where we spend some quality time test driving every vehicle that catches our fancy.

The Fiat 500 is the first car ever to displace her love for her '01 PT Cruiser, so you know it has to be special.
Even more telling is the fact that they were both built in the same exact plant.
The real kicker is that her PT Cruiser has never given her a spot of trouble over the 11 years she's owned it now, which makes her really hopeful that the same care was put into building her Blue Sport 500.

So my SO loves the Fiat 500, which is a good thing, because its hers!

BC.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts