Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being a long time MINI lover, I am thinking of turning over to the dark side. Don't get me wrong, I love my 500, but it just lacks ( for me) that little extra fun factor i'm looking for. Test drove a newer mini cooper S the other day and I am in love. Anywhooo Ive got prima #477 she has higher mileage at 12,000 KMS ( roughly 7800 miles) but close to have of that is 5th gear highway crusing as we have driven to Vancouver BC, Seattle and Banff ( I live in Edmonton AB Canada). The car has been 100% babied, washed and waxed regularly and only use 91 octane gas. It's already had 2 oil changes since new.
It currently has the road race corsa intake and a magnaflow catback exhaust along with a set of eibach pros installed. Just wondering what I could get for it. Obviously I will be losing cash and thats a given but Im hoping this soon to be collectors car might be worth a little more to a true 500 lover
thanks!

·
Registered
341 Posts
If you can get it back to 100% stock (you did keep the parts, right?), it will be worth more to someone looking for a (potentially) "collectible" car.

Selling a modded "collectible" car isn't going to add any value, and mostly will detract from it. high miles on a "collectible" car also will detract.

BC.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You left out a lot of info... Climate control? Spare tire? Bose? Power sunroof?

Oops!

it has climate control, bose stereo, the sunroof. Only things it doesnt have are heated seats and a spare tire.

Yes I would put it back to stock before I sell it!

The ride with the pro kit is only slightly harsher ride than stock, but the 500's look a million times better when its lowered.

·
Registered
470 Posts
This is just me... I would pay $500 to possibly $1000 over the standard used sport (sim equipped) for a Prima @ this point.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the mini dealer offered me $17000 (CDN) on trade. I paid $22300 + taxes so my financing was for like $25000. A new sport with the same features is $22900 according to fiats site ( i got the dealer to knock off 500 at time of purchase). If I could get 19,000 privatley I would be happy.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm interested in the intake and the springs if you haven't already got takers, maybe exhaust as well.

Sorry, not parting out. Will let whoever buys it have the option to keep the performance parts, as it makes a pretty substantial difference.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Sorry, not parting out. Will let whoever buys it have the option to keep the performance parts, as it makes a pretty substantial difference.

If your buyer does not want them then drop a line, I'd take it all off your hands, I figure the MagnaFlows are as good as the Corsa from RRM. Helps you and me since every penny saved counts, let me know and thank you.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I like the road race stuff ( I have their intake) but as far as exhausts go my setup is better because it replaces the mid muffler and isn't just the back pipe with muffler so mine is a true cat back system. Not an axle back. I don't have th stock exhaust so this one will have to stay on. I would suggest you go to a good exhaust shop. They did mine for 350 bucks installed which is far cheaper than any 500 exhaust on the market and it sounds better too in my opinion

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
I like the road race stuff ( I have their intake) but as far as exhausts go my setup is better because it replaces the mid muffler and isn't just the back pipe with muffler so mine is a true cat back system. Not an axle back. I don't have th stock exhaust so this one will have to stay on. I would suggest you go to a good exhaust shop. They did mine for 350 bucks installed which is far cheaper than any 500 exhaust on the market and it sounds better too in my opinion

Good to know, thanks for the info. :cool:

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hi,

I don't know if this helps but, I took a look on eBay and they have a Prima listed with 4901 miles and a Buy-It Now price of $19,950, though the starting bid price is $15,601 (with no bids yet).

There also is another Prima with 325miles and a current bid price of $15,100 (after 15 bids), but it indicates that the (unlisted) reserve price has not yet been met on that one.

Regards

Pat

·
Registered
166 Posts
I would also be interested in the intake if a new buyer was not wanting it and I am a little more local ;)

Good luck with the sale!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have listed the car at $20900 OBO. I will now offer a $200 finders fee and the intake FREE OF CHARGE if someone can find me a buyer ASAP!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Being a long time MINI lover, I am thinking of turning over to the dark side. Don't get me wrong, I love my 500, but it just lacks ( for me) that little extra fun factor i'm looking for. Test drove a newer mini cooper S the other day and I am in love.
We'll see you in a few months when your flywheel melts and your tranny is kaput.

You'd better do some hard research before you buy.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
We'll see you in a few months when your flywheel melts and your tranny is kaput.

You'd better do some hard research before you buy.
Thanks for the heads up. I've done my research I know which model year to stay away from and there were only problems with the auto trannys and who would buy a Cooper s in an auto anyway?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.