Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to install my Eibachs tomorrow and I wanted to know if anyone knows the size of the rear shock lower bolt. It appears to be an external torx bolt.

Thanks,

Arman

·
Registered
160 Posts
I am going to install my Eibachs tomorrow and I wanted to know if anyone knows the size of the rear shock lower bolt. It appears to be an external torx bolt.

Thanks,

Arman
It's a lot easier to take off the upper bolt and leave the shocks attached when lowereing the rear suspension. Just take it easy, its self-tapping. I measured torque of 45 ft lbs. for when you put it back in. If you plan to take them on and off a lot, then you should remove the lower so you don't wear out the self tapping threads on the upper mount.

You will want to take 3/4 of an inch off those bump stops while you are in there.

Reactions: Col Pudgebutt

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Any tips on the fronts? I have my Eibach Pro's on the way! Sounds to me that the rear is a piece of cake. My only real concern are the fronts!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I realize I’m about 8 years too late but any future takers, it’s an e18 e-socket to get the bottom bolt off

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's a lot easier to take off the upper bolt and leave the shocks attached when lowereing the rear suspension. Just take it easy, its self-tapping. I measured torque of 45 ft lbs. for when you put it back in. If you plan to take them on and off a lot, then you should remove the lower so you don't wear out the self tapping threads on the upper mount.

You will want to take 3/4 of an inch off those bump stops while you are in there.
Do you know the actual measurements of the rear shock bolt by chance??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts