Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgive my ignorance, week 2 of owning a used 2015 Abarth.
Automotive tire Finger Hood Thumb Gas

What is this connector for and where does it attach? See pic….Just noticed it laying loosely near the coolant resevoir. I can‘t seem to find where it connects and what it‘s purpose is.

Thanks

Kevin

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Still not sure what it is for, but my wife found where it plugs in.

Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

Forgive my ignorance, week 2 of owning a used 2015 Abarth. View attachment 113886
What is this connector for and where does it attach? See pic….Just noticed it laying loosely near the coolant resevoir. I can‘t seem to find where it connects and what it‘s purpose is.

Thanks

Kevin
Forgive my ignorance, week 2 of owning a used 2015 Abarth. View attachment 113886

Thanks

Kevin

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since plugging it back in, it has been making a humming noise for approximately 2 minutes after the engine has been turned off. This is the sound:

I take it that this is not normal. Does that part need to be repaired or replaced. Thanks

· Registered
1,147 Posts
I’m going to guess it’s for the coolant pump. The turbo is cooled for up to 10 minutes after shutdown to prevent damage to the turbo from coking.

· Registered
1,091 Posts
Don't shut the engine off right away after stopping, especially if you've been revving it. Give the turbo time to spool down while oil is still circulating.

If you wait, sometimes you won't even hear the coolant pump after you shut the engine off.

I do wonder why the previous owner disconnected it though.

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't shut the engine off right away after stopping, especially if you've been revving it. Give the turbo time to spool down while oil is still circulating.

If you wait, sometimes you won't even hear the coolant pump after you shut the engine off.

I do wonder why the previous owner disconnected it though.
Thanks, I will ask

1 - 7 of 7 Posts