Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets see how long our respective cars sat around before they came our sole prized possesions. On the drivers door VIN sticker, the production date should be listed.

Blanco is a November baby, born 11/11 and rescued from the Fiat Orphanage on Feb 2012.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Lady in Red: Created 02/2011, Purchased 05/11/2011

·
Registered
424 Posts
10/11 adopted 11/11. Investigating the vin further will tell you exactly what day and time the car was made.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Its as valid as 'look at the size of my spoiler and fuzzy dice' threads.

I think its interesting to get an idea of how long the cars stay on the lot, or in storage. It relates to the 'lets see if we have it in stock' side of the story that is part of the dealer discussions. When I bought my car, I asked if it was a 'pre-July' car, as there was a change to the seat design (or something) and I wanted a car that would have all possible production updates.

That's what I think, anyway.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Good point about the pre July and the seat thing. And no you can't see my spoiler.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Well, one gets bored on these late winter nights. A little vino and a keyboard, and the fun never ends. I'm about out of automotive double entendres, but I tried. I do envy your clear glass roof, and comfy suspension (lounge and all).

Bit looking at your avatar, are you an F1 fan? Could be some sort of indy/ champ thing; don't have my glasses with me.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Just to show that on the front of Ferrari's f1 car is the FIAT logo. My camera's macro lens sucks. And do love the suspension. In Chicago I spend more time going over potholes than around corners.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts