Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As we wait for the Abarths to begin shipping from the Toluca, MX assembly plant to various parts of the U.S. I wanted to start a thread to ask each of you who has an order in for one, what mods have you purchased or will be purchasing? I've already purchased the manual license plate hiding mount plus a set of the blacked out rear tail lights, and a compartmented storage holder for the rear. Performance mods will be down the road for me. However, I like what I'm seeing as far what can be done.

·
Registered
13,464 Posts
Would just be nice to get a Abarth model. I would like to get a leather Abarth speedo hood, for my Sport. If I had a Abarth, don't think I'd change a thing on it. Maybe aftermarket heated seats.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Would just be nice to get a Abarth model. I would like to get a leather Abarth speedo hood, for my Sport. If I had a Abarth, don't think I'd change a thing on it. Maybe aftermarket heated seats.
I'm wondering if we'd also have to change the black dash 'topper' as well? It looks like the speedo hood actually tucks into the black plastic dash topper.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Performance:
  • Titanium Exhaust (Best sounding exhaust I've heard so far too... clip below)
  • Coilover Suspension
  • Lightweight Flywheel
  • Short shifter (If it's available)
  • ECU Tune (If it's available)
  • Lightweight performance rims

Visual & Other:
  • Full vinyl wrap, whether I keep the original factory look or not. I plan to drive the car straight home from the dealership to fully wrap it, so that it will remain relatively showroom clean forever ;)
  • Interior Carbon Fiber dash components
  • Exterior Carbon Fiber hood & other components (depends on weight savings vs. price in the end)
  • Full LED bulb swap out
  • Clear Ambers, Headlight blackout and/or customization
  • Full BOSS sound system swap out
  • Abarth Corse seats by Sabelt (Very expensive, so maybe not, but they are very very nice and I prefer them to the model available from the dealership... they also come with a 22 pound weight reduction :))

That's about all I have planned for now. :) I obviously won't handle all the mods at once, but I'm sure the list will grow with time, and as additional performance options become available.... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Nice list of mods Shawn! Make sure you create a journal so we can all follow along with you. :)

·
Registered
376 Posts
it's close to a 10 for me

The Abarth as designed is almost prefect for my tastes.Nice exhaust sound but it seems to not be so loud that it's annoying. The ride height is great for what I want. The spring rate should be stiff enough but still be a great daily driver. 160 hp should be more than adequate for my tastes and needs. I might get an ecu upgrade but I'm not convinced it's necessary. I ordered 16 inch wheels on mine and might change them out for a different style and lighter 16 inch wheel at some point. It's like the car was designed to my specs. For me Abarth/Fiat knocked this one right out of the ballpark. I might get the ambient light accessory later on. Maybe I'll get those Italian flag badges too. I think that a bit of color on a white car (mine) really sets it off. Oh yeah,fuzzy dice might look great....:D
I will try to dump some weight. Rear seats and seat belts will be gone. Also I might buy a lighter battery like zonker did for his car(about 15 lb.?).

·
Registered
471 Posts
As we wait for the Abarths to begin shipping from the Toluca, MX assembly plant to various parts of the U.S. I wanted to start a thread to ask each of you who has an order in for one, what mods have you purchased or will be purchasing? I've already purchased the manual license plate hiding mount plus a set of the blacked out rear tail lights, and a compartmented storage holder for the rear. Performance mods will be down the road for me. However, I like what I'm seeing as far what can be done.
Abarth 01 where did you purchases your blacked out real tail lights from? I saw them for the first time on the 500 Stinger and really like them. Some other mods for my Abrath that I am considering are an HID headlight kit, might get a carbon fiber rap of the dash (the Magenti Marelli parts are a bit to pricey but look awesome). Also Magneti Marelli has some great upgrades from the Venom Abarth that will be making there way to NA through Mopar apparently.. THe ECU upgrade that takes the car too 180hp I am really interested in, cold air intake, high flow air filter and possible a exhaust upgrade

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Abarth 01 where did you purchases your blacked out real tail lights from? I saw them for the first time on the 500 Stinger and really like them. Some other mods for my Abrath that I am considering are an HID headlight kit, might get a carbon fiber rap of the dash (the Magenti Marelli parts are a bit to pricey but look awesome). Also Magneti Marelli has some great upgrades from the Venom Abarth that will be making there way to NA through Mopar apparently.. THe ECU upgrade that takes the car too 180hp I am really interested in, cold air intake, high flow air filter and possible a exhaust upgrade
500Madness is where I purchased my rear tail lights. I'm thinking we'll be seeing lots of ECU type mods available soon.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have a Black Abarth on order. So far on my list of mods are:

-Titanium Exhaust (still shopping)

-17" OZ Leggenda Matte Black rims with Toyo T1R tires (already have them mounted and balanced ready to go)
Alloy wheel Rim Wheel Spoke Tire

-Black Scorpion Shift knob (ordered....not yet in)

-Short shifter (put one in my Prima.....absolutely luv it)

-ECU at some point

YUL

·
Registered
123 Posts
Venom or a pieced together equivalent. ECU, intake, exhaust, etc
Sabelt seats.
Coilovers.
Short shifter.
And whatever CF pieces I feel like making.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I exchanged emails with Darron from TMC Motorsports today. I had sent him an email previous asking about the compatibility of the tuning box they offer for the Abarth Punto Evo. According to Darron, they have the same engine as the U.S. Abarth and should be compatible. He actually has on installed on his Punto Evo and says it works great. Anyone else looking at this as a potential?

·
Registered
650 Posts
I exchanged emails with Darron from TMC Motorsports today. I had sent him an email previous asking about the compatibility of the tuning box they offer for the Abarth Punto Evo. According to Darron, they have the same engine as the U.S. Abarth and should be compatible. He actually has on installed on his Punto Evo and says it works great. Anyone else looking at this as a potential?
Interesting. I'll have to research the product before coming to a conclusion.

What I'm interested in knowing is if the Abarth could potentially be twin(turbo & super)charged, although I'd imagine there's little room to play with and a series of design factors to overcome. It's something that would certainly interest me if finances and opportunity allowed. ;)

·
Registered
582 Posts
I'll be looking to target the weight saving upgrades from M. Marelli but that might change once pricing is released. For when I pick up the car it will be tinted glass and clear bra.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have only a few mods planned for my Abarth (white w/ red Abarth stripe). It doesn't seem to need much.
17" O.Z. Leggenda
Alloy wheel Rim Wheel Spoke White

Red Checker Decal on roof (dealer told me this will be available as a dealer option)
Euro Abarth Seats (either the Sabelt or maybe out of the Tributo)

That was all I really had planned. However, I saw the car in person for the first time at the N.Y. show and the seats were very good. Starting to reconsider (especially considering the cost and forex rate). I am sure when Mopar comes out with some parts a few will catch my eye and my wallet.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I will most likely keep my Abarth as is- Nero/rosso leather seats and 17" wheels. Any suggestions on tinting the headlights- think that would look good.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for the link Tweak.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts